First Wind is an independent wind energy company exclusively focused on the development, financing, construction, ownership and operation of utility-scale wind energy projects in the United States. Based in Boston, First Wind has developed and currently operates wind energy projects in the Northeast, the West and Hawaii. First Wind is committed to the communities it works with to achieve the most efficient and economic wind generation projects in North America.
As an integral member of the Finance team, this position ( Financial Planning and Analysis Manager ) will provide budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis to First Wind executive management, the Board and key stakeholders. The position is responsible for all aspects of the business including development, construction, operations and all corporate functions.
· Oversee the development of, and performance against, the annual operating plan
· Prepare monthly and quarterly Board, management and stakeholder reports to (i) benchmark performance against approved budgets, (ii) provide accurate forecasts against corporate goals and (iii) address other corporate strategic issues as needed
· Actively manage all applicable financial systems and tools (e.g., Hyperion, Essbase), and identify efficiencies and/or improvements where appropriate
· Lead a robust forecasting process to identify risks and opportunities, as well as improve forecasting accuracy at all levels of the organization
· Actively manage the corporate allocation policy and ensure (i) costs are incurred at the correct department, entity, etc. (ii) cash is fully recovered where appropriate and (iii) allocation reporting is clear, concise and meaningful
· Assist with the delivery of accurate and timely consolidated financial statements for (i) the consolidated business, (ii) intermediate holding companies and Joint Ventures, and (iii) project level entities
· Provide third-party customers with financial and/or business planning, reporting, forecasting and analysis
· Partner with department managers to ensure forecasts and reports are accurate and appropriately integrated within consolidated reports and forecasts
· Work closely with the Accounting group on internal and external reporting requirements
· Provide business analysis and ad-hoc financial modeling
· Minimum 5 - 10 years of experience in a financial/business analysis capacity
· Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering or a related field. MBA a plus
· Experience in financial analysis, forecasting, and management reporting. Experience across an entire organization, rather than a single business unit, is preferred
· Financial Systems experience (e.g., Great Plains and Hyperion Essbase / Planning)
· Proven project management and reporting skills with the ability to handle a diverse workload within tight timeframes and competing priorities
· Highly motivated with the ability to work on a team as well as independently and drive results
· Comfortable in an environment with changing priorities, and competing demands for time
· Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills
· Strong experience in use and application of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Ability to work extended hours as required
At First Wind, wind is the first and last item in its business model. The vertically integrated energy company (formerly UPC Wind) develops,...