Under direct supervision of senior staff, performs professional financial analysis duties supporting the company planning, budgeting, and financial reporting processes.
Duties during the internship could include:
• Monthly close duties such as accrual analysis, variance analysis, and management reports. Specific examples include tracking management fees and creating monthly management fee schedules based on information from Fund Accounting, formatting reports for senior managers, and reviewing invoices for accrual accuracy.
• Participation in various duties to aid the group in creation and analysis of the next year’s budget. Examples include reviewing revenue reports from Clarity to determine whether the data is consistent among business units and entities, researching actual expenses through Oracle to determine how they should be budgeted, and reviewing subsidiary cost allocations from the various business units.
• Assist the commissions group in their pay-out process. This includes checking the daily large purchase and redemption reports searching for possible market timing in the trades, create SOX documentation, reviewing payroll templates and create documentation for position changes and terminations.
• Special projects as needed.
ONLY FULL-TIME ENROLLED COLLEGE STUDENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance preferred.
• Must have intermediate computer skills including Excel (V-look up and Pivot Tables), MS Word, and PowerPoint
• Must be available for fulltime (37.5 hours per week) employment for duration of internship (June 3rd, 2013 to August 9th 2013)
• Must have completed at least two full years of college and be currently enrolled full-time
• Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or above
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Resourceful in gathering key information
• Ability to work well in a team environment, as well as to handle multiple concurrent assignments, work independently, and assume personal responsibility for deliverables
• Self-directed and well organized; must be able to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to adhere to deadlines while managing multiple projects
• Must also have the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail
As one of the largest independent global investment managers, Invesco Ltd. is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their...