This is a key analytical position within the company which plays integral role in measuring, forecasting, analyzing, and communicating financial performance under the guidance of the VP Financial Planning and Analysis.
Under limited direction, develops highly-complex financial models for ad hoc projects, forecasts and/or budgets for one or more business areas, legal entities, and/or product lines.
Analyzes and communicates earnings results and forecasts to the senior leadership team, and acts as a capable financial advisor to business leaders. Oversees the development of financial models and analytics that measure and forecast performance. Involved in the preparation and compilation of the annual budget and multi year forecasts for the company.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
1. Conducts trend analysis, scenario models, and ad hoc reports that support organizational performance measurement and senior leadership decision making processes. Develops analyses and models based on a deep understanding of the respective businesses of Great-West Financial, their financial results, and related revenue and expense drivers. Interprets past financial performance, documents drivers and assumptions, and prepares observations and forecasts of future performance. Collaborates with investments and expense management and related functions as necessary.
2. Documents and communicates variance explanations on standard analytical packages including, but not limited to board and analyst packages. Documentation should include appropriate assumptions, research and variance analysis.
3. Develops and maintains efficient and effective multi-year budget models including drivers, assumptions, and earnings results. Including but not limited to legal entity forecasts, new product launches, strategic planning models, profitability by plan forecasts.
4. Involved in due diligence for enterprise-wide strategy, product launches, and mergers and acquisitions, as well as other ad-hoc analyses. Presents findings to senior leadership and management to support decision processes.
5. Maintains a strong knowledge of the financial drivers associated with sales, fees, expenses, general business conditions and other related areas.
6. Maintains knowledge of the complexities and differences between US GAAP, IFRS and US Statutory accounting and actuarial guidance.
7. Develops financial summaries and analysis by business unit, product, and plan. Provides history and analysis of results compared to pricing expectations and to budget. Works with other business leads to develop a continuous and centralized review process of these results by senior leaders to ensure informed business decisions.
8. Mentors and/or trains less experienced staff.
9. Identifies and actively implements solutions and improvements in processes. Partners with systems and projects teams to automate, maintain and update existing processes and reports used for revenue and expense analysis.
10. Responds to adhoc executive requests within tight deadlines
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematical, or related field required.
Five (5) years of analytical experience in Financial Services, Insurance or related industry required
MBA, investment banking and/or consulting experience preferred.
Advanced proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel and Access required.
Complex Financial modeling experience required.
Ability to think independently, analyze/interpret and communicate complex financial results.
Ability to thrive in a high stress, high demand environment.
Ability to take large amounts of data and summarize into concise executive level summaries.
Previous experience in a complex financial environment highly preferred.
Previous experience in the insurance and/or financial services field preferred.
Previous budget and forecasting experience required.
Strong communication skills and ability to work with all levels of management and staff.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements: Normal Office Working Conditions
During critical reporting periods overtime is expected (including weekends, evenings and holidays).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills.
About Great-West Financial:
Great-West Financial SM helps millions of Americans, their companies and employers build greater financial security. Headquartered in metro Denver with offices around the country, Great-West Financial offers a wide range of retirement savings products and services, life insurance and annuities. With more than a century of experience and a history of financial strength and stability, Great-West Financial has earned the reputation as a trusted financial partner, to and through retirement.
For more information, please visit www.greatwestcareers.com . We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. We are committed to providing a drug-free workplace.
You’ll find good people at Great-West Financial.
Great-West Financial SM refers to products and services provided by Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates. Great-West Financial SM is a service mark of Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Company.
Great-West - 10 months ago
Great-West FinancialSM helps millions of Americans, their companies and employers build greater financial security. Headquartered in metro...