About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Financial Reporting VP will be responsible for providing direction and leadership in coordinating and monitoring financial reporting activities to ensure on time and accurate creation of financial statements, regulatory reports, and fund distributions. Work with client and auditor to ensure all filings, examinations, and reporting are in accordance with SEC requirements
The Financial Reporting Supervisor will have responsibility for 10-15 staff across the Boston location.
- Leading the team of 10-15 and providing guidance to supervisor and staff on treatment of complex financial transactions to ensure proper identification in financial statements
- Overseeing the production of the Fund's quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports to shareholders and file with the SEC
- Coordinating shareholder report mailings with transfer agent or distributor
- Overseeing the preparation and assist with the filing of Form N-CSR Notices for all appropriate Funds with the SEC
- Acting as the primary contact for client inquiries, requests and ad hoc projects on financial reporting issues
- Actively participating in audits across with multiple departments and responding to internal and external inquiries
- Assisting in developing and adjusting department procedures and systems enhancements
- Coaching and developing staff including formal objective setting, performance reviews and providing ongoing and regular feedback
- Interviewing and hiring new staff for the team
- Review all financial statements prior to production.
- Overseeing the preparation and filing of NSARs for all funds with the SEC.
- Work with the Fund's legal counsel and outside auditors with regard to filings, examinations, and reporting.
- Provide Fund's Board of Directors and Fund Management with timely, essential and accurate reporting of Fund operations.
- Oversee correspondence for distribution to Fund management and Board of Directors when deemed appropriate.
- Work with Relationship Management and Sales teams on client presentations.
- Work with Finance and prepare budget for department.
Skills & Experience
Strong technical understanding of the investment industry including a strong knowledge of SEC and IRS regulations and rules and GAAP Accounting standards
- Minimum of 10-15 years in the mutual funds industry, with a minimum of 7-10 in financial reporting
- Exceptional leadership and staff development skills with prior team management experience
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and with external clients
- Strong organisational skills ideally with project and program management experience and a demonstrated track record of project delivery
- Advanced analytical skills with the ability to anticipate issues and aggressively drive initiatives to achieve results
- Ability to initiate and drive change
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a matrix organization with the ability to work under pressure and to tight timeframes
- Control focus with a thorough understanding of operational risk
- Detailed knowledge of business processes and procedures as well as service and systems (including downstream impacts)
US-MA-Boston-451 D Street / 51304
Treasury & Securities Services
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...