Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Manage a team responsible for reporting and analytics related to the Company's corporate goal setting process, and facilitating month end close, annual planning, forecasting and reporting for administrative expenses related to certain business support areas. Hire, manage, train, develop, and evaluate staff. Develop, implement, document, and ensure adherence to practices and procedures. Participate in or lead special projects.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Drive reporting and analytics associated with the Company's corporate goal setting process
- Manage the month end close, annual planning, and periodic forecasting processes for administrative expenses related to certain business support functions
- Plan, review, and/or lead preparation of financial reports, budgets, and forecasts. Develop reporting packages and financial analytics
- Communicate effectively and present analysis to business unit management and senior executives
- Partner with business unit management to understand business drivers and financial results, complete variance analysis, and summarize impacts to the company. Utilize this data to conduct analyses to satisfy variety of management objectives
- Review, establish, and monitor financial controls. Identify opportunities to improve processes and operational effectiveness and efficiencies
- Provide customer service by responding to inquiries and requests from internal and external customers. Advise senior management regarding business, internal programs, and activities as they relate to financial reporting matters
- Build and leverage knowledge of the business, customers and stakeholders to support senior management and new business initiatives
- Coordinate and administer competing priorities, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules
- Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction. Play a lead role in mentoring junior analysts on the team
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Strong analytical skills; ability to gather and analyze financial and operational data to develop projections and forecasts
- Ability to perform in high pressure environment. Ability to multi-task and prioritize. Strong project management skills a plus
- Cross-functional business skills, excellent facilitation and communication skills, strong influencing skills, and ability to effectively present to and work with senior management
- Prior experience with planning, forecasting and reporting in FP&A environment required
- Advanced MS Office skills (PowerPoint, Excel, e.g. vlookups, pivot tables, advanced calculations and formulas)
- Strong leadership skills and ability to interact with management at all levels.
- Prior experience with Hyperion and Essbase is preferred, but not required
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 15 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...