About Volvo Financial Services and Volvo Group
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment, drive systems for marine and industrial applications. We are a global company with about 100,000 employees, production facilities in 20 countries and sales in more than 190 markets. Our trucks, buses, construction equipment and engines are involved in many of the functions that most of us rely on every day. Learn more at www.volvogroup.com
Volvo Group offers a very comprehensive employment package that includes a competitive base salary and a broad range of benefits including medical/dental/vision, 401k, earned time off/vacation, Employee Assistance Program, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and employee discounts, to name a few.
Volvo Financial Services is proud to call Greensboro, North Carolina home. Please read more about our involvement in the community at www.opportunitygreensboro.org
Summary of Program and Responsibilities
VFS USA is seeking outstanding college graduates interested in a rewarding career by joining our Financial Professionals Development Program (FSDP) as a Financial Services Trainee (FST). Our objective is to attract, develop and retain top talent in all areas of financial services. This 12-month rotational program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals who will have the opportunity to learn and begin a career in the captive finance industry. Our program consists of three key learning areas concurrently:
- Company Knowledge: Learning about Financial Services, Captive Finance, Volvo Financial Services and Volvo Group as a whole including our mission, business processes and strategies. This also includes exposure and networking with our commercial transport product divisions.
- Financial Services Knowledge: Participating in three 4-month job rotations in various areas of the VFS USA business. Assignments may take place in Credit, Collections, Auditing, Funding and Documentation, Sales and Pricing, Dealer Relations, Corporate Finance and Accounting. The rotation is critical to help drive a more holistic understanding of VFS USA so they may discern which areas they would like to move forward in. In between rotations, development activities take place, usually for 1-2 weeks.
- Teamwork and Professionalism: Focusing on development in the areas of teamwork, professionalism, self-development, process improvement, and diversity and inclusion. This part of the program is focused on transitioning to a corporate environment and mastering competencies which embody the Volvo Way. You will also be assigned a mentor within the organization.
- This is a full-time, entry level position, where selected candidates will learn the necessary skills and behaviors to effectively work with financial services professionals in a large global company. Those selected for this program will play a critical role in helping Volvo Financial Services USA meet or exceed their strategic objectives and develop further flexibility in their workforce. As you near the end of your program, you will have the ability to continue your career within an area of interest based on open and available positions or projects within Volvo Financial Services. The FST position is based in our Greensboro, North Carolina office.
Education and Experience Requirements
- BS/BA degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar
- Degree must be from an accredited college/university
- Graduation date must be between December 2012 and December 2013
- Minimum 2.9 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum of 6 months work experience in a corporate setting (can be through internships and/or co-operative assignments); Experience in financial services, transportation, banking and/or a large global organization
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office at the Intermediate level (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must be available to start no later than January 6, 201
Availability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week (typically Monday through Friday)
Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally (domestic travel may be 80% for 2-3 months)
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (this position does not offer visa sponsorship)
- Domestic relocation may be available for qualified and selected candidates (no international relocation available)
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing once a job offer is extended
- As a financial services organization, we are required to have the utmost responsibility for managing finances and keeping agreements with creditors. Based on this premise, we require a sound and stable credit history of all employees. A credit report is run once a job offer is extended
- Customer focus: Establishes and maintains effective relationships with colleagues and gains trust and respect
- Technical learning: Can learn new skills and knowledge quickly and is good at learning a new industry, company, product, or technology
- Action oriented: Full of energy for challenges and not fearful of acting. Seizes opportunities
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish
- Integrity and trust: Seen as a direct, truthful individual who presents facts in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences and admits mistakes
- Peer relationships: Can solve problems with peers and is seen as a team player who easily gains support and encourages collaboration. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Standing alone: Can be counted on and is willing to be the only champion for an idea or work alone on a tough assignment
- Learning on the fly: Learns quickly and is a versatile learner open to change and quickly grasps the essence of ideas. Self-directed with the ability to adjust in a dynamic environment
- Self-development: Personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve and develop
The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Volvo Group - 9 months ago
Drivers looking for the iconic boxy station wagon beware; these Volvos don't haul families. Volvo Construction Equipment North America...