The Financial Services Office seeks a full-time Financial Services Specialist to coordinate the daily activities and functions of the Accounts Payable and Travel area to ensure compliance and integrity of the FSO Operations unit. The primary function of this incumbent will be accounts payable related with the secondary in travel. This position requires a conscientious individual who will display a high-degree of professionalism, and possesses skills in setting priorities while managing a wide variety of duties with minimal supervision.
This is an Extended Temporary Employment (ETE) position. For further details on this type of position at the University of Arizona, please see Click Here
FSO Organization Description:
The University of Arizona is located in the heart of Tucson -- Home of the Wildcats! The Financial Services Office (FSO), a division of Business Affairs, plays a vital role in the daily University operations by providing quality financial and business services in support of the University's faculty, staff and students. FSO is a diverse organization of over 200 employees who prosper in a team-oriented environment that emphasizes the values of communication, professionalism, service, stewardship, and engagement. Come be a part of a team that is full of fun, dynamic, and highly motivated employees!
Duties and Responsibilities
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
- Responsible for all aspects of the Accounts Payable/Travel process including payment approval, funding, receipt verification and receiving confirmation.
- Oversee the approval process of financial documents (IE: Payments to vendors, employee/Travel reimbursements as well as, payments of goods and services) via Payment Requests and Disbursement Vouchers using UAccess Financials.
- Work closely with vendors and campus departments regarding payment inquiries.
- Maintain electronic files of financial documents and apply appropriate codes in imaging system.
- Responsible for monthly review of imaged documents for easy retrieval.
- Responsible for stop payments and reissue of checks.
- Responsible for vendor file maintenance.
- Responsible for properly reviewing and coding transactions for 1099 tax implications.
- Research and resolve problems with outstanding invoices and credits utilizing UAccess Analytics.
- Research vendor statements for unpaid balances and obtain outstanding invoices for payment.
- Ensure all discounts are calculated and applied appropriately.
- Ensure financial documents comply with University of Arizona, Human Resource and Risk Management policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Maintain various spreadsheets for analysis, reporting and reconciliation.
- Responsible for testing systems for upgrades, enhancements or streamlining processes.
- Cross train with other business units to keep workflow current.
- Work closely in a team environment, or independently as priorities change rapidly.
- Provide training sessions with departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Three (3) years of customer service experience, including at least one year of experience in accounting or finance; OR,
Associate's Degree in Accounting or a related field AND one (1) year of related customer service experience; OR,
Any equivalent combination of experience training and/or education.
Additional Minimum Qualifications
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
- Associates degree in Accounting, Business or Public Administration or a related function which includes accounting course work AND two years progressively responsible experience in a directly related function; OR,
- Five years progressively responsible experience in a directly related function which includes a broad exposure to all areas of accounts payable and accounting principles, practices and procedures.
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Skill in problem analysis, problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to organize work to meet deadlines and assist with others at peak times.
- Experience with University of Arizona systems such as UAccess Financials, UAccess Employee, and UAccess Analytics, including knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of electronic imaging systems.
- Knowledge of banking processes; Credit Card, ACH, wires, foreign drafts.
The University of Arizona conducts pre-employment screening for all positions, which includes a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and work history. In addition, a check of names and identification documents is conducted on all new employees to ensure they are legally authorized to work in the United States.
What kind of criminal background check is required for this position?
This position is security sensitive due to title or department and requires a finger-print criminal background check
Supplemental Pre-Employment Screening
Clerical and Office