FSA develops new investment business through leads generated from internal partnering. The FSA will identify, profile and meet with clients to analyze and review investment goals. The FSA will triage client leads and make referrals to appropriate internal service providers based on client needs and asset thresholds. Participates in ongoing training and interaction with the Merrill Lynch Wealth Complex. The role is a bridge between banking and brokerage therefore the FSA must have a general awareness of core banking products and routinely provide referrals to the banking channel. The FSA should be able to provide a single company and product view for our clients, executing referrals across banking and brokerage lines. Series 7 & 66 (63 & 65 in lieu of 66) and Insurance licenses required. CFP preferred. 4 year business degree preferred. One+ years experience in business development and investments training.
Job Posting Description
The primary role of the Field Financial Solutions Advisor (FSA) is to deepen banking and investment relationships with Bank of America's Mass Affluent (MA) customers. Located in Banking Centers with a concentration of mass affluent customers, the FSA will act as the primary point of contact for MA customers, although will not have a "book of business." Walk-in MA customers will be directed to the FSA who will provide end to end comprehensive advice and customized solutions to help customers achieve their financial goals. Customer reviews/presentations will include a review of investment goals and prepare presentations that recommend products such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, insurance, annuities and banking solutions. Also, the FSA will transact point of fulfillment investment and banking business for clients with less than $250k in investable assets. In addition, the FSA will engage in daily outbound calling to pre-selected Bank of America or Merrill Edge customers inviting them into the Banking Center for a customer review.
The Banking Center FSA will provide a single company and agnostic product view for our mass affluent clients. The FSA should therefore have experience in investment, banking and lending products to bridge banking and brokerage solutions. The FSA will build and maintain effective partnerships with internal business partners including other Banking Center teammates, Mortgage Loan Officers, Financial Advisors, banking and investment contact center teammates in Customer Services & Solutions (CS&S) and Merrill Edge Advisory Center (MEAC). The FSA will directly report to a Regional Sales Manager on the Mass Affluent Sales team and partner closely with the Banking Center staff to drive cross-segment referrals.
Key Job Responsibilities
Assess customer goals by conducting financial opportunity sessions with new or existing banking clients. Leverage business knowledge to determine prudent and appropriate strategy to meet client's needs by recommending financial solutions for Mass Affluent clients.
Build strategic partnership with Banking Center as a valued team member. Refer business back to appropriate Banking Associate/Personal Banker. Refer clients with an investment need and more than $250K in investable assets to a local Merrill Lynch Wealth Advisory Complex. Refer to other appropriate business channel(s) (i.e. Small Business, HL&I) as needed
Demonstrates strong awareness of enterprise-wide opportunities to serve our customers.
Pro-actively build relationships with potential and existing clients to meet business objectives.
Comply with all applicable banking and investment laws, regulations, company polices, and procedures, in order to serve the clients' best interests and enhance client satisfaction.
This position may be subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. If at any time the Bank determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in your immediate termination.
Required Skills- "Must" have these skills to be minimally qualified
- 3+ years of proven investment business development experience, including investment training. In-depth knowledge of investment products and services
- 4 year degree, preferably in business related field, CFP desired
- Series 7 & 66 (63 & 65 in lieu of 66) and Insurance licenses required
- Experience creating a comprehensive financial strategy, assessing needs, identifying, and recommending financial solutions
- Knowledge of banking (credit and deposit) products and services desired
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate effective revenue generating partnerships with other Lines of Business
- Proven track record of ability to influence: present oneself assertively, convincingly and with confidence to establish credibility and respect with others
- Must be able to provide evidence of consultative communication and relationship building skills leading to client fulfillment and delight in previous roles
- Must possess sound business ethics; acts in the best interest of the client
- Highly motivated self-starter, proactive, with intense focus on results. Conveys a sense of urgency to achieve business goals and exceed expectations
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries...