Summary : Universal American is seeking a Financial Systems Developer / Analyst to join Corporate Financial Applications support team. Job candidate would develop and support SQL-Server-based applications and perform complex data analysis.
- Maintain day to day operations of Corporate Financial Systems including General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Corporate Reporting.
- Developing and/or modifying project documentation and legacy environment as required
- Ability to work well on a team, coordinating activities, deliverables, and schedules with larger technical team and user community to:
- To define requirements, develop specifications, and build needed reports, files and processes
- Develop estimates of work to be done
- Share and disseminate information
- Develop and execute integrated test plans
- Resolve complex problems
- Provide after-hours production support on a rotating, on-call basis
- Microsoft SQL Server experience with T-SQL (stored procedures and views), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Deliver and troubleshoot SSIS packages
- Create and maintain Stored Procedures as needed
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Has direct responsibility for compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act in matters of financial and operational controls and disclosure requirements as mandated by the Act. This includes strict adherence to the company’s Business Conduct Statement and Code of Ethics. The emphasis will be on compliance with financial procedures and protocol, internal controls, and maintaining the highest level of workplace behavior.
- 5 years SQL and stored procedures development experience.
- Expert knowledge in SQL Server related tasks such as stored procedures, Transact-SQL, SSIS packages and development of reports using Crystal-11 reporting tools.
- Technical background working with Financial Accounting Information Systems in the insurance industry
- Strong experience in Crystal Reports 11 with excellent skills in sub-report, formulas, cross-tabs, graphs, drilldowns and database expert.
- Prefer at least five years experience with General Ledger and Accounts Payable.
- Prefer at least three years experience with SunGard/iWork’s EAS.
- Must have at least 6+ years experience working with users to develop and implement technology solutions.
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to details and ability to work in a complex, fast paced environment
- Multi-tasking abilities to handle several projects simultaneously with tight deadlines
- Ability to self initiate and self direct with minimum supervision to identify and initiate necessary steps, resolve ambiguity, and acquire missing information
- Ability to utilize data taken from a variety of sources and put into useful business intelligence reports for executive and business teams within the company.
- Individual must understand good coding techniques and practices.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university.
Universal American Financial Corp - 18 months ago