Fire Engineer/ Senior Fire Engineer
Parsons Brinckerhoff Limited
Railways/Management & Consultancy Services/Tunnel Ventilation & Simulations
Godalming or London
Senior Delivery Manager, TV & simulations team
Head of Discipline – Rail Systems
Responsible for (activities):
Primary: Fire engineering
Secondary: Tunnel ventilation analysis & design
Our Rail Management Services (RMS) team bring together a technically focused and experienced multi-skilled Management and Engineering Services team. Our aim is to be a top-three market leader in managing complexity, risk, cost and schedule in the Rail & Transit arena to meet our clients’ needs, providing class-leading customer service. Our team deliver integrated project and engineering management services to help initiate, develop and manage complex works. The services provided include Systems Engineering, Simulation Modelling (including Pedestrian & Rail Systems), Tunnel Ventilation, Fire Engineering, Engineering Management, Design Assurance, Design Management and Integration, Project Management, Programme Controls, Risk Management and Construction Planning.
Main Purpose of the Job:
To undertake fire/life safety engineering activities within the group, in respect of analysis, design and consultancy services, answering to the Fire Principal Engineer. In periods of low utilisation, to assist the tunnel ventilation team by assisting with tunnel ventilation, station ventilation and rail simulation activities within the group, in respect of analysis, design and consultancy services.
Undertaking of tasks as assigned, in particular:
- Delivering fire/life safety engineering (analysis, design and consultancy) specific tasks;
- Contributing a ventilation and general mechanical engineering input to road and rail engineering (design and consultancy) projects and multi-disciplinary infrastructure (design and consultancy) projects when utilisation permits;
- Maintaining and developing own working knowledge across aspects of fire/life safety, tunnel ventilation and general mechanical engineering and contribute to developing PB company expertise in same.
- Observation of company quality and project management disciplines and procedures, as relevant to tasks undertaken.
- In all activities to contribute to the development of PB’s business in the field of fire/life safety and tunnel and station ventilation infrastructure engineering.
- Where relevant, observation of learning and development objectives as per Career Development Plan.
- Degree or higher qualification in Fire Engineering related subject;
- Chartered engineer or working towards chartership.
- Post graduate experience including both fire engineering and tunnel ventilation or passenger movement related experience;
- Knowledge of UK and international fire standards;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Flexible outlook and willingness to support other areas of the rail business unit.
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees dedicated...