From coast to coast, Rural/Metro employees are tied together by their overwhelming desire to help others. Every day and every call for our team of highly-trained professionals is different than the one before.
At Rural/Metro, we celebrate the successes of our team members, and doing the right thing for those we serve.
Rural/Metro is a leader in private ambulance and fire protection services in 21 states and more than 700 communities nationwide. Rural/Metro has provided high-quality patient care, met and exceeded the expectations of the communities we serve, and invested in the success of our employees since 1948.
Firefighter Paramedics perform fire suppression duties and medical pre-hospital procedures. Firefighter Paramedics respond to emergency and non-emergency incidents which include providing medical, fire suppression and rescue services.
- Performs fire suppression duties by responding to emergency fire alarms.
- Assists in the suppression of structural, residential, commercial, industrial, chemical, petroleum, vehicle, aircraft and Wildland fires; applying the appropriate extinguishing agents to the source of the fire.
- Operates various pieces of fire equipment and gear for fire suppression and control; drives and operates fire apparatus; search and rescue; ventilation and salvage operations.
- Provides written reports detailing specific firefighting and rescue actions taken on scene.
- Conduct daily and weekly vehicle and equipment inspections as assigned.
- Ensure all vehicle and equipment discrepancies are documented and reported to the on-duty Fire Captain.
- Perform daily maintenance of facilities by cleaning, inspecting, and any other facility maintenance deemed necessary.
- Emergency Medical Services
- Responds to emergency medical calls; performs primary and secondary physical assessment of ill or injured persons, providing emergency and non-emergency medical procedures both on scene and in a moving vehicle.
- Performs skilled tasks at the scenes of emergency and non-emergency calls, and transfers patients to medical facilities.
- Treat patients in accordance with established Emergency Medical Service Protocols and Rural/Metro Fire Department policy.
- Provide written reports detailing patient care.
- May serve as a preceptor for paramedic and EMT-B trainees.
- Portable radios are used as a means of communication.
- Must conduct all radio communications in a professional, respectful manner.
- Participate in all required training sessions, including, but not limited to; live fire drills, performance evaluation drills, ongoing skills maintenance, practice and training, annual OSHA drills, EMS major skills and any other mandatory Company training
- Conduct fire safety, home safety, fire extinguisher and pre-fire planning inspections.
- Provide information to the public, install smoke detectors, conduct station tours, visit schools, and participate in public education standbys.
- Work involves serving the public.
- Work requires cooperative/supportive interaction with co-workers, supervisors, doctors and other healthcare workers.
- Work requires interaction with representatives of other City departments, other fire departments and local, state and federal agencies.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Other duties may be assigned that are specific to the local operation.
- State, International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) or Fire Service Professional Qualifications System (ProBoard) Firefighter II and Hazardous Materials-Operations level certification.
- If assigned to an airport operation – State, IFSAC, ProBoard or FAA Airport Firefighter certification. State or National Registered EMT-Paramedic
- Current ACLS certification
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid driver license with good driving record. DUI within last 5 years is disqualifying.
- Able to work 24 hr shifts.
- Able to work any shift assigned, including nights, holidays and weekends.
- Available to work overtime as assigned and as needed on an emergency basis.
- High School diploma or GED required.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Rural/Metro is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Rural/Metro Corporation - 21 months ago