Duties include protecting life and property through fire suppression/prevention, arson investigation activities, and emergency medical care services; maintenance of fire station, fire apparatus and equipment; and other related duties.
1. United States Citizen
2. Between the ages of 21-33 years at filing deadline date
3. A person of sobriety and integrity, and have been an orderly, law-abiding citizen.
4. Never have been convicted of a felony or crime involving moral turpitude.
5. High School Diploma or Equivalent Certification
6. Possession of valid driver's license
7. Able to read, write and understand the English language and follow instructions.
8. Ability to work on a 24 hours on and 48 hours off rotation or other flexible schedule.
Applicants must bring copies of the following documents (where applicable) to the oral interview, for which tentative dates are noted below:
1. Birth Certificate - Copy from the State Bureau of Vital Statistics or Health Department
(No Hospital Birth Records)
2. Valid Driver's License from state of residency
3. High School Diploma or Equivalent Certification
4. College Diploma or transcripts
5. DD214 to verify military service for veteran's preference points
6. KY or National Registry EMT or Paramedic Certification
7. CPAT Card
At this time, all examination dates are tentative and specific dates, times, and locations are to be determined. Updates will be provided on the Division of Fire/EMS webpage at www.lexingtonky.gov/lexfire. It is the responsibility of the applicant to check the webpage regularly for information.
Written Examinations: early June
Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) - orientation: early July
CPAT Practices and Final Test: August
Oral Interviews: October
Individuals must obtain certification as an Emergency Medical Technician during the academy and maintain certification throughout employment. A Paramedic certification during the academy and employment may also be required.
Applicants must be able to perform all the essential job duties, including but not limited to having the physical strength and ability to allow considerable lifting, carrying, climbing and prolonged manual labor under adverse conditions.
Based on preliminary testing (written, CPAT, oral), a certain number of individuals will be required to submit to a polygraph and background investigation.
Must be able to adhere to Division of Fire/EMS personnel uniform and personal grooming requirements.
This position is subject to a collective bargaining agreement. Union dues or Fair Share amounts will be required.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit LFUCG electronic application through www.lexingtonky.gov by filing deadline date.
RESUMES CANNOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR THE APPLICATION, but may be electronically attached/uploaded. Our system does not automatically populate the application when copying or attaching a resume. Therefore, you may provide a resume, but it cannot be substituted for completing the application itself.
***APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO COMPLETE THE ELECTRONIC APPLICATION IN ITS ENTIRETY, INCLUDING THE APPLICANT QUESTIONNAIRE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FURTHER***
All applicants on previous eligibility lists for this classification must reapply in order to compete for this and future vacancies which may occur while this eligibility list is in effect.
For further information, call, e-mail, or visit:
Division of Human Resources
200 East Main Street
Lexington, KY 40507
Phone: (859) 258-3030
Web site: www.lexingtonky.gov
Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government - 21 months ago
The LFUCG provides free mulch three times a year: April, July and October, on the second and third Saturday of the month. People can pick up...