Job ID: 1725289
Job Title: Firewall/Security Engineer
Job Location: Chester, VA
Job Type: Contract
The candidate may be called upon to work directly with the end customer to identify the requirements of the build, verify configuration, and work with the design engineer to satisfy end user requirements.
- Looking for a US Citizen ( Secret clearance preferred or eligible) with 3-5 years' experience with Juniper firewalls, Juniper Network Security Manager, Blue Coat Proxy devices and supporting software .
- monitor, configure, and provide up to Tier II implementation for the USAID firewall/VPN systems and Blue Coat content filtering solution.
- Provide engineering support, in coordination with network engineers to meet changing network infrastructure requirements while maintaining proper security for traffic flows.
- review, audit, and update firewall rule bases; implement VPN tunnels; troubleshoot WAN communications problems related to firewalls, VPNs, and routing.
- Prefer candidates who hold industry certifications such as Juniper Networks Certified Internet Specialist (Firewall/VPN), Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate, and/or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) .
- Ideal candidate will be able to handle 90% of daily issues independently and demonstrate a strong knowledge of network security and application troubleshooting in a firewall environment.
- Good communication skills are a must, and it will be required of the candidate to “translate” technical requirements into easy understandable layman’s terms.
- Years of Experience : 3-5
- Educational Requirements : Bachelor’s Degree or years of experience.
DatamanUSA, LLC - 24 months ago