HOK is currently seeking a Firm-wide ITC Engineering Business Discipline Director to join our team in New York. This position is Responsible for the leadership of the ITC discipline firm-wide with dedication to sustainable and high-performance engineering. As an industry expert this position focuses on project execution and review, business development, strategic direction, discipline management, technical improvement, such that design and profitability is improved.
Discipline Management and Technical Improvement
- Developing the ITC business with HOK, both within the firm and direct to clients, including writing proposals, attending interviews, and developing engineering business opportunities firm-wide.
- Technical development, design quality, delivery, and QA/QC of the ITC discipline.
- Overall staff resourcing of the ITC engineering discipline, including predicting and managing work share between engineering offices.
- Rewarding, and mentoring within the ITC discipline firm-wide, with the mandate to improve design quality, technical quality, and workflow management.
- Lead firm-wide discipline management and technical improvement initiatives.
- Resource management of a particular discipline including but not limited to staffing estimates, discipline management, coordination of shared work, recruitment and staff adjustments when necessary.
- Overall responsibility for the development of typical details, specifications, and drawing standards, including development of Revit standards in coordination with the BIM team.
- Responsible for knowledge dissemination on technical issues and unique solutions to raise the technical knowledge of the team.
- Continuous improvement of analytic processes.
- 50% time devoted to the engineering and leadership of projects or as needed for a financially viable group.
- Engineering shall include but shall not be solely limited to client engagement.
- Project reviews at all stages of design and responsibility for the quality and timely delivery of the projects and smooth running of the team.
- Mentoring of engineering staff on projects.
Performance Measured on Firm-wide Results:
- Firm-wide business development initiatives of ITC services.
- Business development shall include both supporting HOK market leaders for pursuits with engineering roles and prime engineering pursuits within any of the markets.
- Efficiency and profitability of the ITC discipline.
- Quality of Design solutions, as measured by level of integration, awards, and recognition by peers as excellence.
- The quality of work produced, as measured by innovation, client satisfaction, and minimal construction problems.
- Client repeat business.
- Contributions to bringing in new work.
- Ability to engineer and deliver projects over $100m.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams across HOK’s global organization.
- Must be able to communicate clearly.
- Must be able to inspire clients and designers.
- Ability to work creatively to reach solutions to complex problems.
- Business development and public relation skills, including finding new work, proposal writing, writing of technical articles, and writing descriptions of our work.
- Expert at current sustainable technologies within discipline.
- Strong management and organizational skills.
- Strong client relationship building and management skills.
- Strong project management skills and experience.
- Strong multi-disciplinary project team leadership.
- Ability to coach and mentor all levels of staff.
- Bachelor of Science in engineering degree, Master’s degree preferred.
- LEED AP or GA required within 12 months of employment.
- Expert at all aspects of the ITC & Security discipline, including a track record of recent successful major projects over $100m, and one major project over $250m. Experience in aviation, justice, and healthcare projects required.
- 15+ years project engineering experience in all project phases from concept to opening, with completed high profile projects included in the mix.
- 5 years leadership experience leading groups of 20 or more.
- Experience in leading and working in integrated teams.
- Experience in design and delivery of LEED Gold or Platinum projects.
- Experience with Controls and Commissioning.
HOK - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
HOK has designs on your project -- but in this case, that's a good thing. The global architectural company provides planning, design,...