Provides first aid and safety products, services and training for business to assist them in meeting their OSHA, ANSI, MSHA and NIOSH standards and requirements. |
Employer Relations Supervisor
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
Post-secondary education/degree or formal training in a safety related field is preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required. Must have three years previous work experience in route sales and strong computer knowledge and skills. Working knowledge of local, state and federal codes, OSHA requirements and safety industry standards and practices is required. Requires OSHA 10 hour general industry certification and CPR/AED certifications.
Must possess a valid class D driver's license. Must maintain a good driving record.
Job Specific Competencies
- Services existing customer accounts and up sells products and services while working with customers to determine their needs and requirements.
- Provides customer service related to our current products, services and newly introduced products or services.
- Assists with walk in office sales, phone coverage and product inventory to determine what needs to be ordered based on customer needs. Maintains inventory of products in van to maintain necessary volume for regular service needs.
- Provides sales, service and troubleshooting for AED battery and pad replacements.
- Networks with safety related organizations and events to procure new customers and stay current in new developments in the safety field.
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Professionalism/Integrity - Models high standards of principles, values and ethics through policy decisions, professional duties, and personal actions in the organization and the community.
- Decision Making/Problem Solving - Gathers information, selects the best strategy, implements and evaluates decisions to assure continuous improvement and contribution to the long-term best interest of Sanford and its constituents.
Information Management Competencies
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates ability to collect, analyze and present data as appropriate to position.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
- Performs documentation and record keeping on all inspections, test, and repair work done on equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance and periodic safety inspections on equipment.
- Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
- This position is classified as a Category I position under OSHA guidelines with high risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
View Physical Requirements