The Fiscal Analyst will primarily focus on tracking, analyzing and reporting on fiscal and programmatic data associated with all Seedco Mid-South programs, including the Tennessee Families First project.
Primary Job Functions:
- Accesses information in Seedco’s General Ledger to produce and analyze financial statements, including P/L statements and cash flows.
- Builds and manages complex business models to develop recommendations for process improvements and revenue maximization.
- Utilizes both performance and financial data to produce and maintain budget and cash flow forecasts.
- Produces and presents a monthly dashboard of programmatic and financial data pertaining to all projects.
- Prepares and presents programmatic and financial analysis, projections, and reports for other Seedco programs as requested.
- Provides assistance in contract management and coordination of contract execution with legal department.
- Manages billing and payment collection processes for Mid-South office contracts.
- Works closely with both program staff in Tennessee and fiscal staff in New York. Some travel between the New York and Memphis offices may be required.
- Reviews financial data for accuracy; analyzes variances from budget and participate in preparation for funder audits.
- Performs any other duties or special projects as directed by supervisor.
This position will work collaboratively with all Mid-South office program managers and NYC Finance and accounting department staff.
Education and Related Work Experience:
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting and one to two years of related experience required
- 3-5 years of experience working in a financial analysis capacity, preferably in the non-profit sector with experience in planning for and monitoring performance based contracts preferred.
Other Special Considerations:
- Must possess strong communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to work independently and as a member of a team is critical
- A solid knowledge of Microsoft Office programs is required, including sophisticated knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Project and Access
- Knowledge of Salesforce and DHS Accent are a plus
- Must possess effective project management skills
- Must have the ability to analyze and document complex business processes
- Must be able to make effective decisions under pressure
- Ability to think analytically and be a problem solver is critical
- Must have the ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information
- Experience with General Ledger systems is required
This job is performed under general office conditions, and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
Seedco - 18 months ago