Large, Eugene based NonProfit is looking for an experienced Fiscal Director to join their team. The successful applicant will have at least five years of experience managing a not-for-profit accounting department ($3 million plus budget) and experience with federal funded programs.
Responsible for planning, organizing and directing the operation and administration of the finance department. Responsible for budget development and long-range financial planning. Supervises accounting team. Works closely with Finance Committee, Executive Director and Program Teams.
- Oversee all accounting and financial reporting, including review of journal entries and financial reports
- Oversee monthly billings to the County, State and other organizations
- Oversee reporting to funding and regulatory agencies
- Review financial reporting with program managers at least monthly
- Develop annual budgets for all entities in coordination with finance team and program managers
- Manage program requirements and communicate changes to appropriate team members
- Prepare and file financial reports for grantors, regulatory agencies and the IRS.
- Supervise and train accounting and billing staff. Provide coaching and performance reviews
- Maintain internal controls, job manuals, accounting policies and procedures. Review accounting policies and procedures annually with Finance and Audit Committee
- Ensure compliance with 403(b) plan
- Attend quarterly staff meetings, program meetings, Finance committee meetings and other meetings as necessary
- Cash management, including monitoring federal fund draws, contract payments, cash balances and make transfers as necessary
- Coordinate annual audit and 990 preparation for all entities. Maintain "audit" books for all entities.
- Oversee payroll processing and reporting.
- Perform a variety of other accounting duties to assist Executive Director and Board.
- Perform other duties as required to accomplish the objectives of the job.
- 5 years’ experience in managing an accounting department. CPA license preferred.
- Experience with nonprofits(ideally budget of $3 million or more)
- Experience managing federal, state and local grants and contracts
- Strong technical accounting skills, including understanding of GAAP
- Ability to conduct technical research and analysis
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Team management skills – ability to effectively delegate task to accounting clerk and supervise those functions
- Strong communication skills to communicate technical concepts to others and create cooperation among staff and outsiders.
- Team player with a positive “can do” approach
- Creative problem solving and process improvement skills
- Ability to identify problems or unusual circumstances
- Excellent computer skills and integrated accounting software
Jones & Roth - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Jones & Roth, P.C. is a firm of Certified Public Accountants and business consultants with offices in Bend, Eugene and Hillsboro. The...