UALR Functional Title
Fiscal Support Analyst / R99957
The Fiscal Support Analyst will provide customer service in the performance of all assigned duties and maintain responsiveness to the needs of external and internal customers through courteous and professional behavior. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists students by phone, e-mail or in person or making sure they speak to the correct department.
- Bill and collect all third-party vendors for payments of tuition and fees for each semester.
- Maintains a reconciliation of all third-party accounts.
- Work with Accounts Payable and Purchasing to set up and monitor all third-party vendors in BANNER .
- Process and monitor all employee payroll deductions of tuition and fees payments for each semester.
- Process and monitor all employee paybacks for past due balances.
- Process all bills requested by the Financial Aid office including for the foundation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of customer service techniques.
- Knowledge of computers and software application programs.
- Ability to comprehend and assimilate technical and business related documents.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and database management.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and policies of assigned section.
- Ability to deal with high pressure situations while maintaining professional behavior.
- Ability to conduct research, perform basic quantitative quality assurance reviews, and prepare reports.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment.
- Ability to apply policies and procedures and other applicable regulations associated with assigned department or program.
- Ability to effectively communicate in person, over the phone and in writing to all customers, while providing excellent customer service.
Required Education and/or Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in general business, finance, or a related field.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Background Check Requirements
01 - Criminal/Financial
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds: Daily, Climbing (Stairs, Ladders, etc.): Frequently, Lifting 25-50 lbs: Occasionally, Carrying 25-50 lbs: Occasionally, Sitting for long periods of time: Daily, Speaking; Essential, Hearing: Essential, Vision: Ability to distinguish similar colors, depth perception, close vision: Essential, Walking - Short Distances: Daily, Walking - Long Distances; Occasionally
Spends approximately 75% or more time indoors, Conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin, such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Statement
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal and financial history background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication and/or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UALR EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
University of Arkansas is home to the RFID Research Laboratory, an EPCGlobal-accredited Performance Test Center.