· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Must complete equipment orientation with a Wellness Coach.
· One year minimum experience in the health and fitness field preferred.
Under the direction of the Outreach Coordinator, the Fitness Floor Volunteer will assist members in the fitness areas, maintain cleanliness of those areas, and engage with members.
Essential Functions Of Job
1. Incorporate and Model our YMCA Christian principles into your work.
2. Commit to establishing long-term relationships with staff, volunteers, participants, members and families.
3. Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with both member and staff and give directions in an authoritative, yet tactful manner.
4. Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate techniques.
5. Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents, and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
6. Ability to lift up to 80 lbs and properly spot members while lifting free weights.
1. Walk through the fitness floor, free weight room and Studio 3: ensuring equipment is in working order and in its proper place, re-stocking cleaning supplies as needed, checking to be sure YMCA youth policy is followed. Walk throughs should be completed hourly during the course of the shift, as well as at the start and end of the shift.
2. Perform cleaning responsibilities as indicated in the cleaning notebook.
3. Make a minimum of three members contacts hourly.
4. Member retention duties including, but not limited to, knowing the names of members, assisting members in classes, being enthusiastic, encouraging and personable when interacting with participants.
How to Apply
Submit your completed Volunteer Application to:
Branch Location: 23000 SW Pacific Hwy
Sherwood, Oregon 97140
Branch Fax: 503.625.1473