Be part of something innovative and cutting edge.
Join our team of more than seventy software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry. We are currently seeking a Flash Developer/Animator to join our team in the Washington, DC office.
- advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
- mobile support for the user interfaces
- learning management systems with social media features
- user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
- innovative, machine-scorable items
The Flash Developer/Animator will build interactive and dynamic Flash-based applications. Specifically, this person will create science simulations and animations to be used in lab and online testing. They will work with Project Managers and other staff members to ensure strategic development efforts are completed on time, including adherence to development standards and methodologies.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Proficiency with Flash and ActionScript 3.0 required
- Practical knowledge of design patterns and OOP
- Comfortable with timeline animation as well as scripted animation
- Good knowledge of image/animation size optimization
- Familiar with advanced ActionScript IDEs (Flash Develop, FDT, Flash Builder, and Eclipse)
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...