R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company is seeking an experienced Flavor Scientist with knowledge in flavor chemistry to support the development of tobacco products consistent with RJRT's Growth, Innovation and Harm Reduction Platforms. The Flavor Scientist is responsible for developing new and innovative taste profiles to support project initiatives and for the sensory assessment of tobacco products.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities:
Flavor Scientist must exhibit strong technical leadership skills and manage projects with moderate to minimal guidance. The candidate will collaborate with Product Integrity on ingredient usage. He or she will work cross-functionally with Product Development, Procurement, Product Quality, Materials Quality, and Manufacturing to execute project activities within specified timelines.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Develop taste profiles for new and existing tobacco products to meet brand and corporate objectives.
• Collaborate with other flavorists on ingredient research, product development and sensory assessment of tobacco products.
• Issue formula disclosures for Product Integrity review.
• Partner with product developers, Procurement, Product Quality, Materials Quality and other relevant stakeholders on ingredient usage processes.
• Ensure all development activities are in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, business policies and processes.
• Apply project management principles to execute multiple project work streams and ensure development activities are aligned with project timelines.
• Issue written reports to document research, analysis, evaluation of flavor technologies and project activities.
BA/BS technical degree required in chemistry, biology or food science with three or more years relevant work experience or MS in related science field with relevant work experience.
This position requires smoking to assess the sensory characteristics of cigarettes; therefore, is open to current smokers only.
• Sensory evaluation acuity and flavor ingredient knowledge
• Capability of conceiving and executing research projects
• Ability to manage numerous complex projects simultaneously
• Analytical and intuitive problem solving skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills are required
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software
Competitive Annual Salary
Targeted Annual Bonus
Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
Generous annual bonus program for all employees
401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
Comprehensive health and welfare benefits package
Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave
Education initiative plans
Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
Extensive training and opportunities for professional and career development
"Hot" does not begin to describe Reynolds American Inc. (RAI). The holding company holds the #2 spot among US makers of cigarettes...