Provides high quality customer service by meeting the needs of customers in an efficient and friendly manner. Identifies sales and cross-selling opportunities. Performs routine office and clerical duties. Maintains operational quality and standards. Acts as the customers' first "point-of-contact" with the Bank.
- Ensures positive public perceptions of the Bank by extending a courteous greeting and welcome to customers and visitors. Provides accurate and timely customer service.
- Supports the Bank’s sales objectives and campaigns by cross-selling basic products, or by referring customers to other Bank employees responsible for closing sales.
- Adheres to Bank’s security and audit procedures.
- Protects the Bank's financial interests by controlling and balancing the assigned cash drawer and negotiable items received/disbursed. Maintains acceptable balancing record per established standards.
- Processes customer transactions efficiently and accurately. Follow policies/procedures to minimize losses.
- Answers telephone inquiries. Directs questions to appropriate Branch personnel. Responds to customer mail inquiries. Researches/resolves customer problems.
- Performs routine office and clerical duties (i.e., filing signature cards; preparing bank bag for pickup; night deposit, ATM custodian, etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- High School or equivalent combination of training and experience
- teller or cash handling experience
Field of Experience
- Working knowledge of bank products and services
- Customer service skills
- Answers telephone and screens calls
- Balance figures
- Filing and typing documents
- Operate a ten-key adding machine
- Perform math and analysis
- Research information
- Use fax machine
- Detail orientation
- Computer terminal
- Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 10 pounds, frequent standing/walking
Flex Tellers can work up to 19 hours per week, depending on the business needs of the branch.
What is now Bank of the West has expanded over 130 years from the California frontier to its current position. The bank now serves nearly 4...