Assists Food & Nutrition Services Department in multiple areas to include: grill, pantry, bakery, service specialist, cashier, steward, caterer, hotline production and cold food production. Responsible for follow up and follow through in assigned production area. Supports and directs salad bar/hotline service specialist and production specialist by producing all related items to effectively service all areas. Maintains and monitors salad bar, hotline and servery ensuring the highest level of products and service are readily available in a clean and well maintained kitchen, servery and dining room. Takes pride in overall appearance of dining/servery area. Leads by example. Some functions may be specific to a Training Center location, such as, but not limited to daily job assignments, work environment, and report to structures.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Grill Chef Functions:
a. Responsible for following standards for grill production and proper food handling. Keeps Senior Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef informed of all production and recipe concerns. Builds and maintains customer rapport and good will.
b. Ensures clear and concise direction is given to servery staff resulting in quality production, service, sanitation, and cleanliness of the dining room.
c. Maintains accurate menu rotation, pulls meats, corrects recipes and makes suggestions to improve service and customer satisfaction.
2. Pantry Specialist Functions:
a. Oversees the efficient operation of the pantry area and salad bar function to include writing pantry production list and performing daily product inventories.
b. Assists the production specialist in pantry production to ensure inventory meets demands and wastes are limited. Ensures clear and concise direction is given to production and salad bar staff resulting in quality production and service.
c. Responsible for box lunch production and hospitality services production as needed.
d. Maintains accurate menu rotation, corrects recipes and makes suggestions to improve service and customer satisfaction.
3. Hot Line Functions:
a. Responsible for meal production to ensure hotline is set up by scheduled meal times.
b. Responsible f or following standard recipes for food production and proper food handling.
c. Keeps Senior Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef informed of all production and recipe concerns. Builds and maintains customer rapport and good will.
d. Ensures clear and concise direction is given to production and service staff resulting in quality production and service.
e. Maintains accurate menu rotation and makes suggestions to improve service and customer satisfaction.
4. Baker Relief:
a. Ensures that all breakfast pastries, lunch and dinner breads and rolls are always fresh and eye appealing to include continuous variety.
b. Displays and stocks dessert cabinet and other bakery displays in a timely manner. Follows menu rotation provided by the Senior Executive Chef. Responsible for merchandising and the display of products in the assigned area.
c. Assists with hospitality/special events as needed. Assists in all other areas of production to ensure that demand for athlete services is met.
5. Catering and Special Events:
a. Assists with setup, service, and breakdown of catering events as assigned.
b. Displays catering setups in an eye appealing manner utilizing in-season props available in catering storage.
c. Provides excellent customer service while establishing a world-class catering experience.
6. Float Chef Functions:
a. Assists Grill Chef, Production Specialist and/or Sous Chef in their areas as assigned.
b. Keeps Specialist of area adequately stocked and informed of any production concerns.
c. Follows proper food safety handling practices.
7. Answers telephone in a pleasant and efficient manner, handling inquires and requests for the department. Maintains confidentiality. Ability to handle customer comments and inquires.
8. Coaches staff in proper procedures.
9. Responsible for maintaining foods costs by minimizing over production and waste.
10. Capable of floating in and out of any above-listed responsibility as directed.
11. Participates in daily shift briefings to discuss daily production needs and status.
12. Reports all incidents/accidents to Management immediately. Completes necessary documentation.
13. Takes initiative to suggest improvements to the operating format, communicates ideas about improving and maintaining standards in their area, and fills in as needed to assure efficient operations. Follows up and follows through on daily production/tasks lists to ensure completion and turns in paperwork at end of shift.
14. Follows policies and procedures of the USOC [U.S. Olympic Committee], OTC [Olympic Training Center] and the department. Complies with OSHA work and Health Department food safety regulations. Upholds USOC code of ethics.
15. Maintains a professional demeanor, punctual, neat and clean in appearance, shows respect for equipment, utensils, and supplies, evidence in pride in the department and in their work. Builds and maintains good working relationships with all members of Food & Nutrition Services, and Management team. Provides excellent customer service by demonstrating a “can do” and “my pleasure” outlook, flexible in approach, pleasant in manner, even tempered, friendly, cooperates with others, patient with unexpected change, helps tasks flow smoothly, is a team player. Contributes to a positive environment. Willingly supports department’s goals of providing World Class Service.
16. Embraces and supports the Organization’s Olympic Culture and Key Behaviors.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Required
High School graduate or G.E.D., with ability to read, write and comprehend at a 12 th grade level minimum.
Minimum 3 years experience as production chef/apprentice in quantity food production.
Minimum 2 years team leader experience with proven ability to lead and guide team members through daily assignments.
Thorough knowledge of proper sanitation and safety practices as they relate to day-to-day responsibilities and health department regulations. ServSafe Certified required.
Knowledge of proper use of chemicals. Follows OSHA regulations.
Valid driver’s license to operate department motor vehicles.
Ability to read recipes and understand measurements.
Ability to display good customer service skill to both internal and external customers.
Leads by example - able to communicate effectively and is a trusted team player.
Maintains confidentiality on USOC and department matters.
Well groomed, always demonstrates good personal hygiene.
Dependable, organized and demonstrates attention to details. Completes all work assignments.
Ability to work independently and under pressure.
Tools, Equipment, & Conditions
Tools and Equipment
Box Opener, Microwave Disposal, Mobile Tray/Dish Racks, Ice Machine, Various Knives, Dish Machine/Tray Carousel, Trash Dumpsters, Hurri Wash, Rotisserie, Juice Machine, Hot Wells, Coffee Urn, Panini Grill, Chemical Dispenser, Tea Brewer, Toaster, Telephone, Copy Machine, Motor Vehicles, Steam Cabinet, Printer, Fax Machine, Pallet Jack, Calculator, Mixer, Eye Wash Sink, Hand Truck, Alto Sham, Turnstile, Braising Pan, Meat Slicer, Ovens, Buffalo Chopper, Computer, Broiler, Kettle, Gas Range/Stoves, Fryer, Soft Serve Machine, Proof Box, Tilt Skillet, Thermofinisher, Pasta Cooker, Rice Cooker, AV Equipment, Induction Burner, Dessert Cabinet, Milk Dispenser, Recovery Bar Unit, Espresso Machine, Hot Chocolate Machine, Trash Can Cleaner, Sensormatic.
Ability to work flexible schedule of various shifts to include days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Adapt to change in a positive manner to support USOC Mission and its departments.
Exposed to extreme temperature working conditions.
Prolonged standing, minimal sitting.
Various repetitive motions to include but not limited to bending, kneeling, and reaching, and ability to lift 50 pounds using the buddy system.
Must wear safety-lift belt when lifting 50 lbs. or more, or assigned repetitive lifting of over 20 lbs.
Exposure to chemicals and use in compliance with OSHA guidelines
Ability and desire to do whatever it takes to successfully meet USOC and department mission.
Shared work space.
Work Location: Colorado Springs Olympic Training Center
United States Olympic Committee - 5 months ago