Fraser clients have bright futures, you can too!
Fraser, a Minnesota non-profit organization provides comprehensive education, healthcare, and housing services to children and adults with special needs. It is our vision to build a world where all people have equal opportunity and choice to realize their dreams to live, work, learn and play as members of our community.
Overview: Fraser is seeking a qualified Float Custodian to maintaining Fraser properties in a manner that assures a clean, safe environment, and that building equipment is maintained in proper working order, consistent with Fraser policy.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB (include but not limited to):
1. Complete thorough routine cleaning and general maintenance duties for assigned property in a timely manner, consistent with Fraser policy. Such duties include, but are not limited to, cleaning windows, surfaces and facilities in the common bathrooms, laundry rooms, classrooms, entry ways, hallways, stairwells, commons room, and offices in accordance with the custodial checklist, and as needed.
2. Complete other maintenance duties as needed, such as, but not limited to, changing light bulbs and fixtures, fixing locks, picking up debris on the grounds, and specific requests for repair or maintenance by staff.
3. Respond to emergency maintenance or custodial issues immediately to assess the need, make recommendations for repair or correction. Assure follow through with approved plan.
4. Note and immediately communicate with the Facilities Manager regarding any unusual occurrences on the premises.
5. Fulfill custodial needs and schedule needs due to special events.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ALL FRASER EMPLOYEES:
1. Serve as an example of the Fraser Employee Credo: “I am passionate for the client. I am committed to success. I value relationships.”
2. Comply with all Fraser policies and procedure requirements, and any applicable regulations.
3. Serve as an advocate for clients served.
4. Actively support Fraser’s mission, strategies and change initiatives.
LOCATION: The location will vary. Staff will be working at Fraser Minneapolis, Fraser Corporate/School, and Fraser Bloomington. Staff will know in advance where to report for each shift.
SCHEDULE: The hours for the position will typically be Monday – Friday 5:00PM-9:00PM. Weekend support may be needed for special projects.
1. Education and/or Experience: Prefer previous experience working in a custodial position & prefer previous experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
2. Physical Demands: Ability to independently move and lift heavy equipment up to 80 pounds.
3. Work Environment: Ability to perform duties in a variety of environmental conditions. Ability to work with hazardous materials with proper safety equipment.
4. Reasoning: Ability to work independently with minimal direction. Must be able to flex work hours in order to cover fellow maintenance/custodial team member’s duties in their absence or to meet business needs. Requested time off is at Supervisor’s discretion.
5. Ability to work with a diverse population.
6. Ability to achieve and maintain status of “not disqualified” upon completion of criminal background studies.
This position is posted at www.fraser.org/employment until filled.
In addition to serving with passion for our clients, Fraser also has growth in mind. Our diverse range of services, our established partnerships within the community, the innovation used in providing services, and the foundational values of respect and quality lead Fraser to experience continued growth and success. In 2011, Fraser experienced approximately 5% employee growth. This gives us strength as an organization, even in tough economic times.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer.