GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Performs routine unskilled and semi-skilled manual work in floor care maintenance and labor activities. Work is performed within established procedures under both written and verbal instructions.
Responsible for floor care of various surfaces including but not limited to: VCT, carpet, concrete, and ceramic tile.
Statewide travel required.
Job responsibilities performed during the overnight shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Sweeps, mops, strips, waxes, and polishes floors.
2. Moves furniture, partitions, equipment, communications cabling and other items as necessary to clean floors.
3. Cleans carpets using a steam cleaner.
4. Strips, waxes, and buffs floors.
5. Operates floor care machinery including but not limited to: buffers, polishers, vacuums, and extractors.
6. Loads and unloads equipment and supplies from trucks.
7. Ensures that machinery and equipment are properly maintained.
8. Adhers to safety and label instructions with all chemicals and cleaning agents used in floor care
9. Maintains a general working knowledge of various chemicals.
10. Maintains a knowledge of floor care machinery and equipment and also the methods and materials
used in cleaning and floor maintenance.
11. Follows safety practices and procedures related to floor maintenance.
12. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
13. Works a flexible schedule involving frequent overnight shifts and statewide travel.
14. Will be required to drive a company vehicle and haul a utility trailer with equipment.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Arkansas Driver's License with zero violations during the past 3 years. Must be 21 or older to drive Goodwill vehicles.
Frequent physical exertion and exposure to unfit donated goods.
Excellent customer service skills
Effective communication skills
Some computer knowledge a plus.
Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
Must be able to market Goodwill and explain the mission to the general public.
Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
Must establish and maintain effective relationships with supervisors and co-workers, while motivating
them to their best performance.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule, on short notice, including holidays, nights and weekends and
occasionally in excess of 40 hours a week.
Ability to function in a hectic work environment with occasional periods of high stress.
Must be able to take initiative and make decisions within Goodwill policies.
Must observe and enforce safety policies in all phases of the operation.
Must be able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 35 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds
Must be able to stand and walk for a prolonged period and to frequently bend, stretch and stoop.
Must have reliable transportation.
Goodwill offers a comprehensive benefit program including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, retirement and retail incentives.
ATTENTION ALL INTERESTED APPLICANTS:
- Applications will only be considered when submitted directly to Goodwill Industries of Arkansas.
- Visit www.GoodwillAR.org . to apply for this position. CLICK on the "WORK AT GOODWILL" link at the top of the page, CLICK on the current job opening you want to apply for and complete your application to be considered.
Goodwill Industries of Arkansas - 5 months ago