ABM (NYSE: ABM), which operates through its subsidiaries
(collectively "ABM"), is a leading provider of
integrated facility services. With over 100,000
employees, ABM provides commercial cleaning and
maintenance, facility engineering, energy efficiency,
parking and security services for thousands of
commercial, industrial, government and retail clients
across the United States and various international
locations. Learn more at www.abm.com.
Responsible for maintaining carpet and hard surface
floors within a specific building using manufacturer
approved methods. Specific tasks are not guaranteed,
therefore, must be flexible in performing assigned
duties as outlined below:Job Duties*:
Perform cleaning duties in the buildings: anyone engaged
in washing, cleaning, scrubbing, rinsing, waxing,
buffing, dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, polishing,
disinfecting, wiping, mopping, scraping, spraying,
scouring, restrooms, halls, floors, offices, etc., or
moving furniture, supplies, replacing burned out lights
and starters, removing trash, supplying toilet rooms,
operating elevators, loading and unloading trucks,
gardening, complete wall, ceiling, light, Venetian blind
washing and moving furniture, assisting maintenance
person, shall be considered in the above classification.
or sealing of different types of hard surfaced floors
- Scheduled stripping, scrubbing, buffing, refinishing
using appropriate equipment and chemicals.
- Scheduled carpet cleaning using approved methods and
commercial and vacuums.
- Spot cleaning of carpets as needed.
- Operate power equipment tools such as floor buffers,
masters and all access cards that are assigned to them.
- Special Projects
- Follow all safety and personnel rules and regulations.
- Accepts accountability for building key’s, building
appropriate safety barricades, and removing when duties
- Responsible for securing working area, using
are completed and area is safe for public use.
RESPECT, FAIRNESS and DIGNITY.
- Treats all fellow employees and customers with
according to site demands.
- Other cleaning duties as required by manager or
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
types of commercial carpeting / flooring.
- Must be knowledgeable about the care of different
different types of commercial carpeting / flooring.
- Must have working knowledge of chemicals used for
duties according to safety standards.
- Must have ability to operate machinery required for
and be able to take direction from Supervisor.
- Must have ability to work with other crew members
above job duties.
- Must be able to perform all physical aspects of the
ABMABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE
- Previous experience preferred but not required.
- Stable work history for a minimum of one year.
ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
Division/Department : ABM Janitorial
Exemption : Non-Exempt
Shift/Hours : Second Shift (Afternoon)
% of Travel Required : None
Offer Relocation : No
Many businesses hope to clean up, but diversified facilities services contractor ABM counts on it. The company primarily offers janitorial...