F OOD AND B EVERAGE Supervisor
Job Description Revised July 2006
J OB S UMMARY
Responsible for assisting in supervision of restaurant and kitchen operations including food and beverage preparation and service, personnel, ordering inventory, and food and beverage cost control.
G ENERAL C ONDITIONS THAT A PPLY TO A LL P OSITIONS
• A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
• All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
• Some requirements may exclude individuals who post a direct threat of significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
• This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related duties as specified by their supervisor.
• Requirements are representative of minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
• This document does not create an employment contract, implied, or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
E SSENTIAL F UNCTIONS
Directing Team Members
• Assist with supervising, guiding, scheduling, and training Food and Beverage team members.
• Support proper grooming and dress code for department personnel.
• Ensure that food handling and safety guidelines are in effect and followed.
• Ensure that proper cash control and key control programs are followed.
• Ensure that all Guests are served in a professional, consistent manner.
• Ensure entire menu is available daily and hours of operation are strictly adhered to.
• Monitor and inspect all food and beverage deliveries, ensuring portion controls are adhered to.
Revenue and Financial
• Assist with monthly food and beverage inventories.
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with Guests, clients, co-workers, and management.
• Provide a safe working environment by ensuring compliance with safety programs, Health Department requirements, and job safety analysis.
• Maintain and enforce sanitation laws and safety standards with anyone entering the kitchen area.
• Maintain service accounts for linen, janitorial, dishwasher maintenance, etc.
• Inspect food and beverage outlets for proper storage, sanitation, security, neatness, and rotation of inventory.
Perform all other duties as directed, developed, or assigned.
• Education and/or Experience: No educational requirement. Hotel or restaurant food service experience required. Supervisory experience preferred.
• Language Skills: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate in English. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with other departments, Guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically handle difficult situations and people.
• Technical Skills: Food preparation and service skills required. Basic computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and email.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, report, or schedule form.
• Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Food handler’s permit.
• Other Skills and Abilities: Able to work with little or no supervision. Operate equipment such as, but not limited to, food service equipment and software, printers, fax machine, and copiers. Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
P HYSICAL R EQUIREMENTS
• Seeing – Must be able to see well enough to read reports, drive, and use a computer.
• Hearing – Must be able to hear well enough to communicate on the phone and in person.
• Standing/Walking/Mobility – Must be able to stand to operate food service and office machinery. Must be able to move between departments.
• Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling – Must be able to climb four flights of stairs. Must be able to stoop and kneel for short periods of time.
• Lifting – Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
• Fingering/Grasping/Feeling – Must be able to write, type, and use the phone system.
I have read, understand and voluntarily commit myself to the general guidelines contained in this document. I also understand that this is only a basic description of my job, and it does not, nor is it intended to, outline all of the specifics of the responsibilities that I will be expected to perform. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Huntington Hotel Group - 17 months ago