We are looking for a Food and Beverage Manager!
The Food & Beverage Manager will lead and manage all Food & Beverage related activity at Bar Tatami. This person will be a highly motivated professional responsible for developing business and relationships to meet or exceed sales revenue goals; defining the casinos overall strategies and growth opportunities; building systems that allow for fact and information based decisions; and building the F&B infrastructure.
The Food and Beverage Manager will have strong leadership skills with proven ability to motivate and manage. The successful candidate will lead, motivate and develop the F&B team to surpass company revenue targets and exceed customer expectations. The successful candidate will also be responsible for interacting with existing customers to increase overall success of the Restaurant and Bar. This candidate will work with marketing, vendors, and operations to meet market demands. The Food and Beverage Manager will report to the General Manager.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Test cooked food by tasting and smelling it in order to ensure palatability and flavor conformity.
- Working knowledge of Compeat, KRONOS and Micros
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
- Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents in order to verify product quality and quantity.
- Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food in order to ensure that food is prepared and presented in an acceptable manner.
- Monitor budgets and payroll records, and review financial transactions in order to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
- Schedule staff hours and assign duties.
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving, and dining facilities.
- Coordinate assignments of cooking personnel in order to ensure economical use of food and timely preparation.
- Keep records required by government agencies regarding sanitation, and food subsidies when appropriate.
- Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service.
- Estimate food, liquor, wine, and other beverage consumption in order to anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitioned.
- Review work procedures and operational problems in order to determine ways to improve service, performance, and/or safety.
- Perform some food preparation or service tasks suchas clearing tables, and serving food and drinks when necessary.
- Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records.
- Organize and direct worker training programs, resolve personnel problems, hire new staff, and evaluate employee performance in dining facilities.
- Work with the Exec Chef to Order and purchase equipment and supplies.
- Review menus and analyze recipes in order to determine labor and overhead costs, and assign prices to menu items.
- Record the number, type, and cost of items sold in order to determine which items may be unpopular or less profitable.
- Assess staffing needs, and work with recruiting department to keep department fully staffed.
- Monitor employee and patron activities in order to ensure liquor regulations are obeyed.
- Greet guests
- Plan menus and food utilization based on anticipated number of guests, nutritional value, palatability, popularity, and costs.
- Create specialty dishes and develop recipes to be used in dining facilities.
- Work with Staff to Schedule use of facilities or catering services for events such as banquets or receptions, and negotiate details of arrangements with clients.
This is a management position
This is a Full time position
Fortiss - 2 years ago