Under supervision, washes pots and dishes, manually or by machine, removes trash to compactor, delivers and cleans items to proper areas for storage, sweeps and mops floors, does assigned cleaning. Assemble patient trays, deliver carts, and return carts to kitchen after meals. Assists with food production.
1. Wash pots and dishes manually or with machine.
2. Removes trash from kitchen and cafeteria areas to trash compactor.
3. Delivers clean items to proper areas for storage.
4. Sweeps and mops floor with soap and hot water including under tables and refrigerators/freezers.
5. Does assigned cleaning daily.
6. Helps assemble and deliver patient trays.
7. Delivers large carts and trays to the units.
8. Returns large carts and trays to the units.
9. Assists with food production.
10. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
§ High School degree or equivalent. Must be able to read, write, and understand English instructions, production sheets, menus etc.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
Current Food Handlers Card required within 30 days of employment.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
§ Ability to understand and follow oral and written English instructions.
§ Ability to complete assignments within prescribed time limits.
§ Ability to maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees.
§ Ability to communicate in English is preferred.
§ Ability to stoop, lift, reach, and carry heavy supplies and equipment, ability to stand for long periods of time