Food Runners/Expediters assist servers and supervisors in providing quality food and beverage service to guests courteously and efficiently. Staff will primarily help with pulling and organizing orders, traying up, and/or delivering food to guests. Other duties will include general support for servers, hosts, supervisors, and/or bartenders when needed; stocking and maintaining condiments and other items that may be requested by guests; and the cleanliness of the dining room, side stations, kitchen service areas, dish breakdown area and service equipment.
· Previous guest/customer service experience is preferred. The ideal candidate will have knowledge or and/or prior experience working in a full-service restaurant.
· Commitment to delivering world class guest service and the ability to work successfully as part of a dynamic, guest-service oriented team.
· Outstanding attention to detail and the ability to perform essential job functions with speed and accuracy.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to be proactive and take initiative as appropriate.
· Should be able to anticipate and understand guest needs, and follow up with them appropriately.
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment with deadlines, and exercise good judgment.
· Lift, carry, push and pull 25–50 pounds; lift and carry 25-50 pounds on a large serving tray, above shoulder level, with one hand.
· Endure various physical movements (stand/walk, kneel, stoop, bend, reach overhead) throughout work areas and over duration of work shift.
· Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
· Ability to work both inside and outdoors in an environment that may include:
Variable temperature and weather conditions and noise levels
Exposure to fumes, dust and chemicals
The Biltmore Company doesn't need to build more. It oversees the Biltmore Estate, which includes the 250-room home (the largest...