Food Runners/Expediters assist servers and supervisors in providing quality food and beverage service to guests courteously and efficiently. Staff will primarily help with pulling and organizing orders, traying up, and/or delivering food to guests. Other duties will include general support for servers, hosts, supervisors, and/or bartenders when needed; stocking and maintaining condiments and other items that may be requested by guests; and the cleanliness of the dining room, side stations, kitchen service areas, dish breakdown area and service equipment.
· Previous guest/customer service experience is preferred. The ideal candidate will have knowledge or and/or prior experience working in a full-service restaurant.
· Commitment to delivering world class guest service and the ability to work successfully as part of a dynamic, guest-service oriented team.
· Outstanding attention to detail and the ability to perform essential job functions with speed and accuracy.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to be proactive and take initiative as appropriate.
· Should be able to anticipate and understand guest needs, and follow up with them appropriately.
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment with deadlines, and exercise good judgment.
· Lift, carry, push and pull 25–50 pounds; lift and carry 25-50 pounds on a large serving tray, above shoulder level, with one hand.
· Endure various physical movements (stand/walk, kneel, stoop, bend, reach overhead) throughout work areas and over duration of work shift.
· Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
· Ability to work both inside and outdoors in an environment that may include:
Variable temperature and weather conditions and noise levels
Exposure to fumes, dust and chemicals
Biltmore - 17 months ago
The Biltmore Company doesn't need to build more. It oversees the Biltmore Estate, which includes the 250-room home (the largest...