Come grow with us as a Food Safety Manager as you will ensure the development, compliance and certification of food safety programs for a specific manufacturing location. Lead with us as you will manage inspections, traceability, testing, vendor auditing and microbial program compliance. So engage with us as you grow your career at Kellogg – the place where you can achieve more!
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Food Safety Manager at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Delivering continuous improvement and working with Corporate Quality in the execution of company programs. You will be delivering these accountabilities through direct involvement with manufacturing support personnel
- Ensuring Microbial program compliance and sanitation compliance
- Being accountable for allergen program management and compliance Your role will ensure key traceability, inspection program management, vendor management, and the delivery of the established metrics for the microbial program
- Adhering to required quality & food safety laws, regulations, corporate policies and practices
- Directing, planning, and implementing traceability testing and monitoring
- Being responsible for vendor management related to food safety.
- Ensuring the facility meets all required food safety laws, regulations, and corporate policies
- Being responsible for the microbial program compliance for the facility. Also, responsible for continued development and continuous improvement of such programs
- Being accountable for HACCP and quality & food safety training for the facility to ensure compliance and execution of required programs
- Ensuring adherence to all standard work processes
- Supporting coordination and preparation for internal and third party audits
- Being responsible for compliance with all food safety regulations in the plant; ensuring proper sanitary condition at all times, including all guidelines for allergen control and pest control are followed
- Ensuring achievement of all area / shift KPIs; ensure adherence to and continuous improvement of all area / shift KPIs
- Recognizing and escalating, as needed, those issues identified as risks to, or opportunities to improve, plant performance
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Engineering, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- BS degree in food science, microbiology, or equivalent is required with significant experience in quality & food safety
- Previous HACCP certification
- Thorough technical knowledge of quality & food safety
- Strong understanding of applicable regulations, GMP and Food Safety standards in accordance with applicable regulatory bodies (FDA, USDA, Orthodox union, etc)
- Computer software skills to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Capable of a first shift with some flexibility and 24/7 offsite responsibility
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Experience in managing processes
- Food processing and packaging
- Experience in auditing and GFSI requirements
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Kellogg Company - 22 months ago
In 1906, W.K. Kellogg saw a better way. Healthier food and a healthier work place. “I’ll invest my money in people,” W.K....