Food Safety Supervisor - Manufacturing
Come grow with us as a Food Safety Supervisor as you will ensure the development, compliance and certification of food safety programs for a specific manufacturing location. Lead with us as you will manage inspections, traceability, testing, vendor auditing and microbial program compliance. So engage with us as you grow your career at Kellogg – the place where you can achieve more!
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Food Safety Supervisor at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Delivering continuous improvement and working with Corporate Quality in the execution of company programs with direct involvement with manufacturing support personnel
- Ensuring Microbial program and sanitation compliance along with continued development and continuous improvement of such programs
- Adhering to required quality & food safety laws, regulations, corporate policies and practices, including vendor management related to food safety
- Ensuring allergen program management and compliance by key traceability, inspection program management, vendor management, and the delivery of the established metrics for the microbial program
- Being accountable for HACCP and quality & food safety training for the facility to ensure compliance and execution of required programs
- Ensuring adherence to all standard work processes, including K-LEAN
- Supporting coordination and preparation for internal and third party audits
- Being responsible for compliance with all food safety regulations in the plant; ensuring proper sanitary condition at all times, including all guidelines for allergen control and pest control are followed
- Being responsible for MCRS® (Management Control Report System) sustainability: ensure achievement of all area / shift KPIs; ensure adherence to and continuous improvement of all area / shift MCRS® elements
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in manufacturing, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- BS degree in food science, microbiology, or equivalent is required with significant experience in quality & food safety
- HACCP certification and thorough technical knowledge of quality & food safety and GFSI program
- Strong understanding of applicable regulations, GMP and Food Safety standards in accordance with regulatory bodies (FDA, USDA, CFIA, etc)
- Strong technical aptitude along with proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with SAP
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Proven experience in managing processes through Continuous Improvement (TPM, Milliken)
- Significant knowledge of food processing and packaging
- Experience in auditing and Safe Quality Food (SQF) requirements
- Pest control license
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
- Must be able to work off shifts and 12+ hour days, including weekends and holidays
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this
for English or this
Kellogg Company - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
In 1906, W.K. Kellogg saw a better way. Healthier food and a healthier work place. “I’ll invest my money in people,” W.K....