Job Title: Food Service Assistant
Location: Rock Springs Junior High
Reports To: Food Service Manager, Coordinator & Director
Terms of Employment:
Salary: FII, $11.98
Nature and Scope of Job:
To provide appealing and nutritional meals to participants of the Sweetwater County School District Number One Food Service Program and assist with all clean-up.
1. Assists with preparation of food for the lunch program as called for by the menu daily.
2. Operates all kitchen equipment on a daily basis.
3. Cleans kitchen equipment, serving area, and cafeteria area daily.
4. Assumes responsibility for checking all equipment and ensuring that it's in safe working condition.
5. Uses positive verbal and non-verbal communication and interaction skills when working with students, parents, and all district personnel at all times.
6. Operates computer system when needed.
1. Adapts to specific or new working situations as needed.
2. Seeks appropriate additional tasks when assigned work is completed.
3. Performs any other duties as assigned.
EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL DUTIES OF THIS JOB
Job Qualifications:Knowledge, Skills and Mental Ability:
Ability to follow and successfully complete both written and oral directions.
Knowledge of organization skills.
Ability to think clearly and calculate accurately.
Possess sound emotional judgment.
Ability to work with people of various personality types.
Minimum Requirements (Education, Experience or Formal Training):
Maintain a Class "C" drivers license.
Meet current district vehicle insurance qualifications for driving coverage.
Current requirement is less than 3 traffic violations within the last 3 years.
High School Education or Equivalent.
Previous institutional food service experience helpful, but not necessary.
Computer and Printer
Electric Can Opener
Lower body strength to stand and walk throughout the day.
Upper body strength to lift and carry 50 pounds more than 20 feet throughout the work day.
Have visual acuity and stamina to work with kitchen equipment, computer system and calculator.
Non-air conditioned kitchen
Occasional exposure to weather extremes.
k12jobspot.com - 2 years ago