This position is covered by the provisions of a collective bargaining agreement, including a fair share clause. Health and dental benefits are NOT provided. The candidate selected will serve a twelve (12) month probationary period.
This posting will be used to fill similar vacancies that occur within three months of the closing date.
This is a part-time, 30 hours per week, 32 weeks per year position. Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Flexible as needed with evening and weekend hours required. However, schedule is subject to change by the supervisor.
Organizational Function and Responsibilities:
This position prepares and serves all hot food and short order food items for the Wolfpack Den and performs clean up duties for the food service operation.
This position reports to the Director- Auxiliary Services.
The following duties are typically expected of this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
1. Prepares and serves meals for the food service operation.
2. Serves customers in an organized, fast, efficient and friendly manner.
3. Assists with the ordering, receiving and restocking of food supplies in the production area.
4. Maintains adequate standards of safety and sanitation as applies to the handling of food, all work areas and equipment. Uses standard food handling and sanitation practices using HACCP guidelines.
5. Washes all pots, pans, equipment and utensils in area of responsibility.
6. Maintains the fryers oil on a weekly basis. This includes cleaning fryers, change oil and dispose of oil following the system established by Madison college.
7. Assists in catering as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Knowledge of basic food service and preparation techniques including conversion of standardized recipes.
2. Knowledge of safety and sanitation practices.
3. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
4. Knowledge of basic math skills.
5. Attend the Madison College food safety and sanitation class offered on a yearly basis.
6. Ability to adapt and work in different areas as the need occurs.
7. Ability to lift 30 lbs.
8. Skill in communication effectively with Madison College students, staff and general public.
9. Demonstrated skill in communications and human relations with populations having diverse socio-economic and racial backgrounds.
1. High School Diploma or GED .
2. Six (6) months (1000 hours)of work experience in food service operation.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Madison Area Technical College - 15 months ago
With campuses in Madison, Fort Atkinson, Portage, Reedsburg and Watertown, Madison College serves more than 40,000 students throughout a...