The Food and Nutrition Services Worker/Catering performs a variety of tasks that facilitate the provision of food services and nutrition support to patients, employees and visitors. These duties include:
- Performs routine duties related to preparation and serving of food.
- Prepares food for cooking by washing, peeling, shredding, slicing, and mixing various food items.
- Operates dishwasher or assists with washing/sterilizing dishes, glassware, silverware, utensils, pots, pans, etc.
- Cleans kitchen work areas, collects and disposes of garbage.
- May assist with food stocking.
PRN as needed
- Serves food in cafeteria for visitors and staff and in patients room following dietary, sanitary and safety guidelines.
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Works on patient tray assembly line following menu directives for determining food items for each tray.
- Catering knowledge required
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Some supervisory experience needed
Job qualifications include:
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English required
- Minimum 3 years food service experience required.
- Three years food service experience and catering experience preferred, previous experience in hospital food services preferred.
- Must have catering experience.
Since opening our doors in 1975, The Medical Center of Plano has provided Plano and Collin County with superior healthcare. We've built our...