The Food Service Worker position is responsible for a variety of duties, including basic preparation, assembly, portioning, stocking and/or distribution of foods and supplies to patients and other customers, and the manual cleaning associated with sanitation of all areas of the Food and Nutrition department.
There is significant variation in duties depending upon the area of primary assignment (and shift worked). In general, the majority of duties relate directly to basic food assembly, portioning, service, and sanitation (utensils, dishes, equipment, etc).
The ideal candidate will:
Position may include:
- Exhibit knowledge of quality food standards, sanitation standards established by regulatory agencies and operation of food service equipment.
- Be able to read and interpret directions on package and can labels.
- Be able to do basic arithmetic and have knowledge of weights and measures.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Work under pressure to complete assigned duties according to rigid time schedules.
- Work well with others as part of a team.
- Demonstrate pleasant, helpful customer-oriented attitude to patients, visitors and employees.
- Observe confidentiality regarding knowledge of patients.
- Be flexible in adapting to variety of work being done as may be shifted between duties and work areas.
- Standing or walking most of the work day.
- Bending and lifting trays, various containers and other pieces of equipment which can weigh up to 50 pounds (may request assistance as needed).
- Fluctuation in scheduling depending upon departmental needs.
- Rotating weekend work.
- Assignment to a different specialty area to assist in volume.
Week 1: Wednesday and Friday, 1100am-730pm
Week 2: Tuesday and Thursday, 1100am-730pm; Saturday 330pm - 730pm; Sunday 1100am-730pm
- High school training and some formal training through food service courses
- One year food service work; health care setting preferred.
- For off-site delivery-related positions: Good driving record and valid (WI) driver's license, non-restricted, unless corrective lenses to 20/20.
Meriter Health Services - 12 months ago
Meriter's mission is to heal this day, to teach for tomorrow, to embrace excellence always, to serve our communities - for a lifetime of qua...