JOB TITLE : FOOD SERVICES WORKER
REPORTS TO : ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Operations, the Food Services Worker is responsible for the Food Services Operation of the Facility. The primary goal of this position is the supervision and management of the food services department. This position is responsible for ensuring the safe, clean preparation of nutritional and appealing meals and offering culinary instruction to client workers.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees inventory, ordering and food storage.
- Ensures that all food service operations are in compliance with health and safety codes while adhering to the agency menu plan.
- Trains and manages kitchen, dining room, and pantry teams comprised of clients. Ensures a safe and sanitary working environment.
- Assures quality and quantity of food preparation and delivery to clients.
- Keeps Assistant Director of Operations informed of all activities and significant conditions that may impact on facility operations and client care.
- Works cooperatively with other staff.
- Performs other duties as requested.
1. Demonstrated knowledge of kitchen and cooking procedures.
2. Familiar with the maintenance, upkeep and cleaning of equipment, work areas and utensils.
3. Knowledge of regulatory agency/Department of Health licensing requirements.
4. Able to supervise and instruct client kitchen team.
1. Certification from accredited education institution for food services preparation, or
2. One year experience in food preparation and kitchen maintenance .