Provide dishwashing support to food services according to department and safety standards to ensure sanitation is maintained for patients, visitors and associates throughout Sanford Health. |
Food Services Culinary Manager/Chef
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
High school graduate or equivalent is required. Previous experience in commercial dishwashing is desirable. General knowledge in food safety and sanitation is desirable.
Job Specific Competencies
- Performs dishwashing procedures and ensures that dishes are cleaned in a timely and efficient manner utilizing safety and sanitation standards.
- Rinse, scrubs and sanitizes pots and pans to ensure proper cleaning and sanitation.
- Operates, maintains and washes dish cleaning machine and assigned equipment according to safety and sanitation standards.
- Tracks and documents temperatures and sanitation record of dish cleaning machine to ensure proper operation and cleaning.
- Restocks all production areas with clean pots, pans and utensils.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Professionalism/Integrity - Models high standards of principles, values and ethics through policy decisions, professional duties, and personal actions in the organization and the community.
Information Management Competencies
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
- Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
- This position is classified as a Category III position under OSHA guidelines with no risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
View Physical Requirements
Regular and predictable attendance is required.
Sanford strives to be a great place to work and a great place to receive care. All applicants accepting an offer of employment with Sanford must consent to a drug screen.
Sanford participates in the E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all person(s) hired to work in the United States.
Sanford Health - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard