Provide daily supervision and direction to Food Service staff according to quality standards. |
Assigned Food Services Manager
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
High school graduate or equivalent is required and two years experience in a specific area of responsibility. Previous food service supervisory experience is preferred. Must have a thorough understanding and knowledge of food service procedures, food safety and sanitation, cash register operations, and /or specialized diets.
Food Safety certification preferred.
Job Specific Competencies
- Organizes and configures work areas to provide the best service to our customers. Specific competencies may vary based on area assigned.
- Cleans and maintains assigned equipment and work area to ensure proper safety and sanitation standards are met.
- Develops and executes the daily schedule for staff according to departmental needs and guidelines.
- Reviews incoming stock items for accuracy ensuring item ordered is received as requested.
- Demonstrates the ability to check orders and stock items with great accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Serves as a resource for staff members, providing direction as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Defines and delegates work responsibilities with clear, consistent expectations and outcomes.
- Demonstrates both knowledge and application of Sanford policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Measures, monitors, and evaluates job performance and competencies of staff.
- Demonstrates good planning skills by ensuring the appropriate scheduling of resources including staff, equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in maintaining a well organized operation to ensure the efficiency and accuracy of the work and information flow; monitors procedures and implements corrective actions as required.
- Demonstrates the ability to take charge, take unpopular stands if necessary, face difficult situations, and is looked to for direction from others.
- Facilitates and supports change within the Sanford Health.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning for themselves and staff.
- Demonstrates and applies continuous quality improvement knowledge and skills.
Information Management Competencies
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
- This position is classified as a Category III position under OSHA guidelines with no risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
View Physical Requirements
Sanford Health - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard