Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
Rate of pay -- Probation rate : $9.59 Reg. rate : $11.12
1. May assist in setting up service areas, portioning, and/or serving food items.
2. May assist with the cleaning and storing of all kitchen equipment and the cleaning of floors and cafeteria tables.
3. May assist in preparing foods under the supervision of the cooks or the manager.
4. May use various pieces of kitchen equipment for food preparation and clean up.
5. Assists in controling food and supply costs with proper handling, storage techniques, and portion control.
6. Maintains standards of sanitation and safety, production, service, and food quality.
7. Has the ability to communicate and work with fellow employees and supervisors.
8. Maintains good public relations with students, parents, faculty, and the community.
9. May do preparation work for and serve breakfast.
10. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV
- PHYSICAL - The worker is physically able to work in a standing position for prolonged periods and to walk much of the time during the day; is able to work in very warm surroundings; has manual dexterity to handle knives and other pieces of kitchen equipment; and is able to lift materials weighing at least 46 pounds. May be required to climb stairs.
Special Qualification Desired:
(Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
- EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE - The School Food Service Worker shall possess competence in the above stated areas of responsibility. It is required that the worker has a high school diploma or GED and completes the Basic Food Service Course.
- Workers working 6 or more hours per day must complete the Sanitation and Safety class.