Optimized Systems and Solutions (OSyS) is a world-class supplier of high-integrity and safety-critical systems and services. We specialize in solutions that help our customers unlock the full decision-making value of their asset data, allowing them to evolve through a program of improvements from basic asset protection, to performance management, and on to achieving a highly predictive business where there are no surprises.
We have more than 400 employees working from offices in the United States and United Kingdom providing efficiency-boosting, cost-effective solutions for asset optimization. Optimized Systems and Solutions (OSyS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rolls Royce plc.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Forecasting Engineer to join our Indianapolis team within Optimized Systems and Solutions (OSyS).
Key accountabilities for this role include:
• Monte Carlo modeling of Defense Aerospace fleets
• Explaining complex mathematical models in clear language and summarizing the most significant sources of uncertainty and risk
• Financial analysis and constructing business cases, supporting estimate at complete analysis, and working with customer business to create successful pricing approaches
• Interfacing with customers to compile business assumptions and influencing multiple groups come to consensus
• Documenting data sources and creating clear visibility from raw data to final analysis
• Analyzing fleet state, reliability, and cost data, and identifying suspect or outlying data
• Choosing appropriate modeling techniques based on the situation, and continually improving modeling tools and processes
• Contributing to a team by discussing approaches, distributing workload, and crosschecking results
Qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or Actuarial Science
• Computer programming and modeling experience
• Good organizational and English communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work multiple projects at a time while consistently meeting deadlines
• U. S. citizenship
• Education and experience in statistical analysis - especially distributions, regression methods, and reliability analysis
• 2+ years experience in Aerospace
• Experience or training in finance or accounting - especially basic knowledge of contract accounting, time value of money, and fair and reasonable pricing
• Exceptional problem solving skills and a love of data analysis
• Experience with Microsoft Office products, Minitab, and experience with databases, SQL, or Maximo
• Object-oriented or agent-based programming experience
• Project leadership or process improvement experience a plus
Rolls-Royce plc is a global company providing power on land, sea, and air. The company has established leading positions in civil aerospace,...