Postal/Zip Code: 77041
Custom-Crete is a division of Oldcastle Architectural (APG). Oldcastle APG is the leading North American manufacturer of concrete masonry, lawn, garden and paving products and a regional leader in clay brick. The group also produces packaged cement mixes, lightweight aggregates, bagged decorative stone and lime. With over 200 operating locations and 6000 employees, Oldcastle Architectural operates across 38 states and 2 Canadian provinces.
- Operates forklift as directed and without supervision while adhering to all rules and regulations mandated by safety policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read job specifications to determine operator adjustments and material requirements.
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes products, or materials or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transports load to designated area.
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Inventories materials on work floor and supply workers with materials as needed.
- Performs routine maintenance to include recharge batteries; lubricating, fueling and cleaning.
- Weighs materials or products and recordings weight on tags, labels, or production schedules.
- Make sure all housekeeping is maintained in a clear and orderly fashion in assigned area.
- Ability to move levers, shift gears, depress pedals and maneuver steering wheel to operator equipment.
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
REQUIREMENTS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; a minimum of two years of related experience in trades specific to job requirements; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to pass an internal certification program.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to be a self starter and work independently.
- Ability to add, subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in all aspects of work assignments.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to frequently stand on their feet for extended periods of time.
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Withstand repetitive motion of the hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder
- Able to work a flexible schedule.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Custom-Crete is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Custom-Creteis part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle - 13 months ago
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...