Postal/Zip Code: 94566
Oldcastle Precast is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete and plastic products in the United States. our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Precast is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality and service in cutting edge ways.
Job Description Summary
The Lift Operator is responsible for assisting designated machine operator or production team in a variety of functions, including, but not limited to safely transport finished product, unload incoming truck shipments, perform routine maintenance, clean up, yard work, warehouse, production, utilities, material handling and any other assigned duties.
- Move controls, levers and controls that operate forklift in order to load, unload, transport and stack materials ranging in weights of 50lbs. to 100,000lbs.
- Load trucks with specified product, sign off on pick ticket
- Perform routine maintenance on forklift, such as cleaning filters, lubricating, recharging batteries, check safety devices and fueling gas tank
- Handles assignments in a repetitive and/or sequential order for completing tasks assigned
- Keep work area clean
- Uses safety gear at all times and follows all safety regulations
- Reports any unsafe conditions or defective equipment to the supervisor immediately
- Clean up around machinery and maintain the surrounding area keeping them free of debris during down time
- Cleans floors and picks up reusable scrap for salvage
- Transport trash and debris away from production areas
- Responsible for keeping pallets neat and orderly
- Operates machinery or equipment as trained and instructed following safety guidelines at all times
- Operate a variety of hand tools
- Perform other duties and responsibilities from time to time as deemed necessary by the company
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Applicant must be certified and have at least 3 verifiable years of safe, 20,000lb+ forklift operating experience, preferably with concrete products
- Yard supervision experience preferred but not required
- Good attendance and positive attitude a must
- High School diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have the ability to read a tape measure
- Must be able to demonstrate lock out tag out procedures
- Ability to follow company production and safety procedures
- Able to pass internal training
- Must attend safety meetings
- Pre-employment drug screen required
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Precast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Oldcastle Precast is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...