Hydrotex® is a manufacturer and distributor of high performance lubricant and fuel improver solutions. As an employee owned company, we help our customers develop sustainable solutions designed to improve system reliability, save energy, limit pollution, extend fixed asset life, reduce maintenance costs and improve fuel efficiency. Our products and services leverage over 75 years of innovation resulting in superior lubrication solutions and high touch customer service.
Hydrotex has an exciting new opportunity for a Formulation Chemist/Scientist III who will collaborate with other top scientists to develop cutting edge technologies and sustainable lubricants. We are seeking a self-motivated person with high level of initiative to explore and pursue new innovations and the proven ability to conceptualize and make discoveries on the lab bench using both conventional and creative approaches. The ideal candidate will possess natural curiosity and creativity combined with strategic thinking and strong analytical skills. The Formulation Chemist/Scientist III will work independently within a collaborative team environment and provide technical leadership on projects. Opportunities to advance into leadership roles exist for high potential individuals with strong interpersonal skills who demonstrate the ability to influence and lead others.
Primary Job Duties:
- Develop prototype formulations of lubricant products
- Understand the end-user application and define requirements
- Evaluate and adopt new technologies from raw material and equipment suppliers
- Plan and perform experiments necessary for product development
- Perform advanced testing (including ASTM standard tests, thermal analysis, rheology, and FTIR spectroscopy) to elucidate the physical properties and performance of experimental lubricant formulations
- Analyze and model statistical data
- Support pilot scale operations and transfer processes to manufacturing
- Support interdisciplinary project team in anticipation of product launch
- Support Technical Response Team as they troubleshoot customer technical issues
- Provide timely reports and presentations to senior management
Compensation Package: Competitive Salary, depending on qualifications, with a generous benefit package, including Employee Stock Ownership Program.
- Minimum education: B.S. degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, or related field
- 4-6 years of industrial R&D experience in lubricants, cosmetics, food science, coatings, or specialty chemicals
- Experience with product development and formulation
- Experience with statistical methods and modeling
- Experience with FTIR spectroscopy
- Desire to understand mechanical systems and lubricant applications
- Knowledge of rheology and tribology a plus
- Proficient communication, technical writing, and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
Hydrotex® is a manufacturer and distributor of high performance lubricant and fuel improver solutions. As an employee owned company, we...