Division: Production & Supply
Function: Technology / Projects
State/Province: North Carolina [NC]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Formulation Chemist 1-5
Job ID: 4544
Syngenta is one of the world’s leading companies with 27,000 employees in over 90 countries dedicated to one purpose: bringing plant potential to life. We contribute to addressing some of the planet’s most critical issues such as the rising demand for food from a growing population.
Working for Syngenta offers you the opportunity to play a part in addressing one of the most urgent challenges facing global agriculture today where we need to feed 200,000 more people every day.
Come be part of our good growth plan: one planet, six commitments:
Make crops more efficient, rescue more farmland and help biodiversity flourish; empower smallholders, help people stay safe and look after each worker. Our work matters.
There has never been a better time to join Syngenta!
This position is responsible for:
- Design and development of new products, and supporting existing products for Crop Protection that meet the needs of both internal and external customers.
- Plan, organize and conduct experiments to optimize the biological, marketing, regulatory, and production performance of Syngenta products.
- Plan and control / carry out laboratory work to develop, understand and test new and improved manufacturing processes in order to meet agreed targets. Deliver critical information.
- Plan and conduct laboratory support work to assist in the solution of manufacturing process problems and opportunities so that results can be implemented.
- Take an active part in scale-up and plant introduction of newly developed products.
- Develop and design new testing methods to ensure customer satisfaction with Syngenta products under all condition in the marketplace.
- Product stewardship responsibilities for selected existing products, address any quality issues, benchmark competitors to strive for innovative solutions for competitive advantage, and submit patents if needed.
- Organize, schedule and execute projects in accordance with departmental priorities.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: :
- Minimum B.S. degree in Chemistry.
- Strong background in chemistry
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Laboratory/analytical: Comprehensive experience and knowledge
- Physico-chemical awareness: ability to apply physico-chemical concepts to process development including use of specialized data analysis tools.
- Problem solving: Ability to analyze complex and diverse problem situations creatively leading to the generation and implementation of original solutions.
- Ability to convey the right level of detail to the right audience verbally, in writing, or by presentations.
- Able to maintain and extend networks internally and with other parts of the organization and contribute constructively to teams in order to meet targets.
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish technical networks with a wide range of people.
- Ability to learn what is critical in scale-up robustness and to judge what pilot studies need to be carried out.
- Actively apply scientific expertise to influence projects and innovation in a fast moving environment.
- Deliver projects with high quality information to meet the demands of business specific and strategic projects
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Travel requirements – minimal, ~ 5% (training & conferences).
- External Candidates-Must sign a non-compete agreement, if offered this position.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)