Division: Production & Supply
Function: Technology / Projects
State/Province: North Carolina [NC]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Formulation Chemist 5-7
Job ID: 4164
This position is responsible for:
- Design and development of new products, and supporting existing products for Crop Protection that meet the needs of both internal and external customers.
- Plan, organize and conduct experiments to optimize the biological, marketing, regulatory, and production performance of Syngenta products.
- Plan and control / carry out laboratory work to develop, understand and test new and improved manufacturing processes in order to meet agreed targets. Deliver critical information.
- Proactively advise development personnel and arrange laboratory support work to assist in the solution of manufacturing process problems and opportunities so that results can be implemented.
- Take an active part in scale-up and plant introduction of newly developed products.
- Develop and design new testing methods to ensure customer satisfaction with Syngenta products under all condition in the marketplace.
- Product stewardship responsibilities for selected existing products, address any quality issues, benchmark competitors to strive for innovative solutions for competitive advantage, and submit patents if needed.
- Organize, schedule and execute projects in accordance with departmental priorities as well as assist in training and supervision of technicians, co-op students and contract employees.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: :
- Minimum B.S. degree in Chemistry with 2 years’ experience in technical area.
- Ph D in chemistry, or related discipline, preferred.
- Strong background in chemistry
- Practical experience in the formulation development of agrochemicals is required.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Laboratory/analytical: Comprehensive experience and knowledge
- Physico-chemical awareness: ability to apply physico-chemical concepts to process development including use of specialized data analysis tools.
- Problem solving: Ability to analyze complex and diverse problem situations creatively leading to the generation and implementation of original solutions
- Ability to convey the right level of detail to the right audience verbally, in writing, or by presentations and ability to judge when and who to communicate key information.
- Able to maintain and extend networks internally and with other parts of the organization and contribute constructively to teams in order to meet targets.
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish technical networks with a wide range of people.
- Ability to learn what is critical in scale-up robustness and to judge what pilot studies need to be carried out.
- Actively apply scientific expertise to influence projects and innovation in a fast moving environment.
- Deliver projects with high quality information to meet the demands of business specific and strategic projects
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Travel requirements – minimal, ~ 5% (training & conferences).
- External Candidates-Must sign a non-compete agreement, if offered this position.
Syngenta - 14 months ago
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...