General Summary of Duties :|
Perform all tasks related to food and beverage service in a courteous and efficient manner while maintaining a clean work area in accordance with company standards and procedures.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands :
Requires mobility and prolonged standing. Bending and reaching to a height of eight feet high. Transporting, pushing, pulling, and maneuvering items weighing up to forty pounds. Pushing and pulling chairs weighing up to ten pounds. Working at a height of four feet. Normal sense of smell, touch, and sound. Normal vision range. Eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity. Ability to distinguish letters, symbols, or colors.
Typical Working Conditions :
Work may be performed in small area having a three-foot access. Use of chemicals and electrical equipment. Ability to tolerate varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination and air quality.
Examples of Duties (includes but is not limited to the following) :
1. Become familiar with all menu items and general hotel information.
2. Take food and beverage orders from guests and ensure correct and prompt delivery of orders.
3. Observe guests to respond if additional service is required.
4. Use the automated point of service (POS) system to process orders.
5. Clear, clean, reset, and maintain station during shift.
6. Follow all proper cash, credit card, and room charge procedures.
7. Follow all proper check control procedures.
8. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Performance Requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities) :
Knowledge of the basic functions of food & beverage operations. Working knowledge of acceptable standards of sanitation and proper chemical usage. Ability to perform basic math skills. Ability to handle money and make correct change. Ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff. Ability to read, write, and understand English. Knowledge, understanding, and compliance of policies and procedures, job descriptions, daily memorandums, chemical labels, and other instructions.
No specific requirement.
R elevant experience preferred.
Food Safety Employee Training required.
Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) required.
Fontainebleau Miami Beach
- 2 years ago - save job