This position is located in Williston, ND. This position will be responsible for being the first point of contact for Oasis field personnel on site and will provide technical software support on location to ensure proper job execution. This position will cross train with Frac crews and Frac engineers. The position may include a rotational work schedule.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reviews job program proposal to understand treatment specifications and prepare for job.
- May assist in writing job designs/proposals as needed.
- Work closely with Operations in pre-job planning; confers with Operations to develop and implement job operating procedures; ensure all materials and equipment needed to perform job will be on site.
- Present job design proposals, specifications, and procedures to supervisor on job site.
- Foster and maintain customer relations by establishing a positive image and confidence in the quality of services by being a point of contact for questions regarding product, equipment and procedures.
- Conduct pre and post job analyses (i.e. pre-job chemical, sand, water testing, breaker tests, tank strapping; post-job information review- pressure response charts, etc.).
- Assist field operations with rig-in/outs as needed.
- Provide onsite technical support for field operations team; support supervisors on location throughout all phases of job with (help with volumes, flushes, pad extensions, lengthening stages, chemical loadings, etc.).
- Conduct quality control tests during job (i.e. fluid testing) to ensure proper delivery of service; make changes/corrections as required; utilize and apply sound engineering principles on the job.
- Investigate and evaluate any job difficulties and/or failures to diagnose faulty operations.
- Prepare post-job reports / summaries.
- Verify job tickets before Field Operations submits them to the customer.
- All other duties assigned.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Minimum Four Year Degree required. Chemistry major preferred.
- Extended travel to North Dakota and Montana will be required
- Able to work on a rotational schedule for extended periods
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work in a team environment
- Computer skills: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills a must. Influencing, consulting and mentoring skills will be helpful. Strong oral, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Flexible, ability to multi-task, results-oriented and able to work independently
- Willing to relocate to Williston with Company assistance.
Oasis Petroleum - 15 months ago