Posting Job Title: Freelance Writer - NY1 News
Requisition #: 141737BR
Posting Location: United States - New York - New York
Area of Interest: Editorial
Network Television Production
Cable Television Production
Position Type: Part Time
Posting Job Description:
Prepares, writes and copy edits assigned stories into scripts and edits audio and video to be presented on the air. Updates copy and audio/video as story changes. Works with reporters, producers, assignment desk and to produce factual, clear, interesting news stories that the viewing public can understand. Writes scripts and edits audio/video in a timely fashion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Reads local newspapers and watches other local TV stations to keep in touch with NY news.
- Prepares news stories based on information provided by the assignment desk, wire service, newspapers, press releases, NY1 Archives and video tape shot in the field.
- Adds video, sound and graphics.
- Writes clear, simple scripts for anchors to read.
- Copy edits scripts correcting for accuracy, factual content, pronunciation, grammar and spelling.
- Updates scripts as news changes.
- Provides scripts in a timely fashion.
- Suggests ways to improve the process.
- Logs incoming video and audio for use in news wheel.
- Edits video for anchor voice-overs and sound on tapes using current and future technology.
- Works with reporters to prepare voice over material and sound for their live field reports.
- Checks all equipment.
- Reads scopes and audio levels.
- Sets machines to required levels.
Other duties as assigned.
- Makes certain all video and sound meet quality standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university.
- Degree in Journalism, Communication or English preferred.
- Video Production experience necessary.
- 1-2 years newsroom experience: internship, field work, or freelance.
- Experience writing copy, editing, shooting, collecting elements and putting packages together.
- Experience researching, creating news stories and making basic editorial decisions on what is a newsworthy story.
Only applicants who apply online at www.timewarnercable.com/careers will be considered.
Time Warner Cable supports a drug-free environment and is EOE M/F/V/D.
FCC Unit_TWC: NWNYC
Controlling Establishment ID: 00112 - NYC 9th Ave
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...