LANDSTAR TRANSPORTATION located in Morrisville, NC is seeking professional and excited individuals for a salary plus commission position.
Landstar sets shippers on the road to success through an extensive network of independent agents, business capacity owners and third-party capacity providers. We respond to the needs of customers by utilizing innovative technology and a variety of equipment to provide you with superior, comprehensive service, while offering efficient, cost-effective global and domestic freight solutions.
Our seamless network of transportation services includes intermodal, air and ocean freight as well as complete logistics and warehousing solutions. Landstar has the transportation capacity you need to meet any supply chain challenge – approximately 25,000 approved third-party capacity providers, 8,500 power units and 14,000 pieces of trailing equipment available throughout North America. International import/export transportation including door-to-door services with international correspondents who are qualified freight forwarders and logistics professionals, including complete documentation preparation and coordination. Landstar agents and capacity providers each own their own business. Their entrepreneurial spirit assures that each customer and every shipment gets the best service available. A recognized leader in information technology, Landstar utilizes state-of-the-art software applications to strengthen your supply chain and keep your business on the cutting edge. Landstar has built a reputation on its expansive safety, security and compliance programs. The result is a 99 percent claim-free delivery rate and an accident rate well below the industry average. The perfect candidate will be self-motivated with a background in sales, sales management and or customer service.
Freight Broker Job Responsibilities
- Searching for shippers and 3PL’s so that their cargo can be transported from one destination to the other smoothly.
- Searching for trucks so that cargo can be moved along with contacting the shippers also so that they can act as middle men till the effective transportation of goods is carried out.
- Using cost-effective measures and convincing the companies about the deal so that a decision on the rates is taken very soon..
- Finding out more shippers so that more business opportunities can be found out for the organization.
- Always trying to increase his or her contact list.
- Going through the details of requirements of the transport company and the shipper so that appropriate solutions can be devised.
- Maintaining a proper schedule of all the tasks associated with the transportation of goods.
- Candidate must have strong computer and communication skills